1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Wear your watch left or right hand....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Topmansmithy, Jun 16, 2015.

1. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I let the watch decide

• Like Like x 2
  2. oldman1954

oldman1954 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Left for me i`m left handed.

3. soroba1951

soroba1951 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Right for me since had left arm in plaster 12 years ago and never went back to left!

4. Enclave

Enclave Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Right handed and wear watch on the left ... The wife never wears a watch !

5. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

I'm left handed and when I used to need a watch, .I used to wear it on my left wrist, as this way the watch faces were oriented so that they were the correct way round to see the time, and to use the winder. Wearing one on my right wrist meant everything would have been back to front - i.e, either the face OK but winder on "wrong" side (up arm) and would have needed to be wound backwards,:wideyed: or if the winder was on the wrist side, the then face was upside down...

If I wear a digital watch i still wear it on my left had from force of a lifetime's habit.

Oh the trials of being left handed....:p

Robbity

• Like Like x 6
  6. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

I'm left footed as well as left handed apparently! And this greatly impressed some little lads who were kicking a ball around in our road - it came towards me so I kicked it back to them to the tune of "Oooooh!! Aaaah!! - She's LEFT footed! ":p:p

Robbity

• Like Like x 4
  7. JAY1JAY1

JAY1JAY1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

If you look at the watch the winder is on the right so it makes it easier to wined up if it's on the left wrist also it will not get damaged as easily if you are right handed
    Me being left handed , mine is on my right wrist

8. 1103andrewb

1103andrewb Type 2 · Member

right handed, wear watch on right wrist, my daughter does also, but I use my knife and fork wrong way round, so I am told.

9. Sancho panza

Sancho panza Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I wear mine on the left but am right handed

10. Paul59

Paul59 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Not worn a watch for something like 25yrs. Never really need to know the time but if I do then there is always other ways to know, eg Phone.
    But I just do what I have to do & never worry about the time, I do everything with passion & if under stress by a time scale then the end product is poorer than not worrying about the time.
    Living by the clock is stressful & who really needs it. Just live for the moment & everything else will follow.

• Like Like x 4
  11. SandyDee

SandyDee Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Me too. I was always told off as a child for using the wrong hand for everything, my teacher at primary school used to say I was determined to be left handed but she wasn't going to allow it. I use my right hand for writing and nothing else.

• Like Like x 4
  12. JAY1JAY1

JAY1JAY1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I had the same at school so I tend to use both hands I eat right wright left so I think school just confused things

• Like Like x 2
  13. chris lowe

chris lowe · Guest

Left hand side, right handed. Mr Chris is left handed but wears his on his left. He has and unfortunate effect on watches, the battery ones always conk out so now he's got a solar one. Son right handed but wears his on his right wrist, will have to ask him why, maybe it's an army thing???

• Like Like x 2
  14. poohtiggy

poohtiggy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I so agree, I don' t always wear my watch as I tend to use my mobile more but one thing I can't stand is a clock in the living room. I just hate to be able to see the time all day/evening, hate living to time. It does have it's drawbacks as sometimes I get carried away with other things and get a shock when I do see the time, I prefer not to be ruled by a clock. Different of course if you have to go to work. The only clock I have is my bedside one

15. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

I use my knife and fork right handed but my spoon in my left hand. My father was also left handed and if he laid the table he used to always place my knife and fork the left handed way which used really to **** me off! He'd had his left hand tied behind his back at school to force him use his right hand, so as an adult he was almost aggressively left handed, and looking back I think he didn't want me to have to use my "wrong" hand for anything. I can't ever remember being corrected at any school for using my left hand even though apparently I used to write backwards at first. :wideyed: I think I was very lucky as I've come across other left handers of my generation - and younger too - who were forced to use their right hands.

Robbity

16. teacher123

teacher123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I wear mine on my left and left-handed.

My right has my type 1 insulin dependent wrist-band encase something ever happens!

17. WeeFergus

WeeFergus Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I wear mine on my left wrist and I'm right-handed.

18. Nicola M

Nicola M Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Right wrist and I'm right handed. I'm ambidextrous to an extent as well. I used to write with my left hand until one day I switched to my right!

19. Gezzabelle

Gezzabelle Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Left wrist ...right handed :)

20. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

No watch.... never late coz paranoid about being late.... and then Apple produce a "Watch" and I think the world has gone bonkers... what's wrong with Rolex if you want a watch to tell the time.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook