No more pumping for now.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I think it may well be... Perhaps no need for degludec!!

Levels been brilliant today.. But I have had rhe day off which is slightly odd for me. However at least I know its my day off basal rates. Going to need more fine tuning for working..

11.30 5.8 before driving
13.11 5.3
14.30 4.9 1 starburst left in car
15.15 6.4 before driving...

I think possibly 1/2 unit less morning and nights would raise me a bit better for driving though...I wouldn't have been able to drive this morn without having something....so needs to come up just a tiny bit.

Now I will have to have a couple days of eating brunch to check my bolus's but not worried about that as I very rarely eat during the day and could easily correct.

Today has been my best and I am so lucky to have such great friends to have helped me get this far. Thank you so much...

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think possibly 1/2 unit less morning and nights would raise me a bit better for driving though...I wouldn't have been able to drive this morn without having something....so needs to come up just a tiny bit.
If you stayed level then a small snack would have raised you but your night basal is correct. Agree take a bit less basal in morning.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@robert72

I don't have snacks.. Literally.. Nothing unless I'm forced too thru a hypo...

I have no appetite at all, never have in 50 years so having a small snack for me just won't happen...on a long term basis it just wouldn't occur to me...thats why I was thinking to just lower the night basal by 1/2 a unit...i'd prefer to be at 6 on waking..as honestly food just wouldn't enter my head.

I tried berries n cream a while back and years ago porridge or toast (before slow colonic transit diagnosed) but I just dislike eating anything til teatime as it is on terms of force feeding me really.

In all honesty, we gave no snacks in the house at all besides nuts or fruit and no way could I face munching on an apple..

I am really odd I know. Even when I visit my mum everybody else sits at table eating breakfast and I sit there with a cup of coffee!! (Perhaps 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee?)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@robert72

I don't have snacks.. Literally.. Nothing unless I'm forced too thru a hypo...

I have no appetite at all, never have in 50 years so having a small snack for me just won't happen...on a long term basis it just wouldn't occur to me...thats why I was thinking to just lower the night basal by 1/2 a unit...i'd prefer to be at 6 on waking..as honestly food just wouldn't enter my head.

I tried berries n cream a while back and years ago porridge or toast (before slow colonic transit diagnosed) but I just dislike eating anything til teatime as it is on terms of force feeding me really.

In all honesty, we gave no snacks in the house at all besides nuts or fruit and no way could I face munching on an apple..

I am really odd I know. Even when I visit my mum everybody else sits at table eating breakfast and I sit there with a cup of coffee!! (Perhaps 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee?)

Hi DD, I never eat snacks either ( unless hypo), but I have always eaten breakfast and I'm 3 meals a day person.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I've only read of one other person on forum that has 1 meal a day like me!!

Its embaressing having friends round though as always have to ask them to let me know when calling also I can get something in to offer them....

Hubby used to snack and even then he could have biscuits in front of me and it never bothered me. Since he lost 4st in weight (snacking at petrol station, at work)- he's rarely succumbed.. But daft fellow tells me as if he is confessing a sin!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Update...

Last night.. Had last bolus at 5pm.... So should be finished by 10pm. So did an overnight.

Perfect (5.6/5.8 etc) even levels till 1.15.

3.15 plummeted to 2.3.

Going to test again tonight at 2am... But this happened night before, although I treated and woke up perfect.. Thought it a one off..and do a basal test.

Cannot fathom out which insulin (or both) would need to be changed for a 2am drop??

This I think is 3rd night of havin a hypo in 7 days.. So against 90day ..0 hypo's on pump.. Not quite so good although 18 hours yesterday was fantastic.. The drop is confusing me....

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It would be your basal @donnellysdogs, given you last bolused at 5pm your insulin would be well exhausted by 2am.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks... Will lower basal again tonight..... To me if I have prob with night hypo's occurring it is more reason for degludec though. Will find out answer ref that on Weds lunch time with DSN....

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks... Will lower basal again tonight..... To me if I have prob with night hypo's occurring it is more reason for degludec though. Will find out answer ref that on Weds lunch time with DSN....

I'm 57kg like you DD and I'm having 8u at 11pm any more and I hypo around ,3/4am

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
This is what I've had in back of my brain.. I'm generally injecting 9am and 10pm. Just wondering whether changing times at all would help.. Don't particularly want to do at 8am.. But could do basal in evenings earlier or later...generally don't go to bed till 1am as hubby doesn't get home until 11pm.

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I found going the basal later 11pm I the only way I can stop the DP. Any earlier and I will hypo then go high. I usually get up each day at 7.45am so I stay in bed and do Levemir an Humalog then get up at 8am. If I want to eat I will at 8.15 but if I don't want anything I just have 1u Humalog to stop the getting out of bed rise. The 8u at bed usually carried me through til about 3pm quite steady and that's when I have my lunch.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks @candigirl. I'm going to do Lev jab at 11pm tonight. Initially started at 15, last night was 111/2 but tonight going to do 10.
Todays levels all been good. Had brumch out this morn and went up to 8.0 so this was a bolus testing for me. Came down to 5.2 so not too bad.

Its still a case of suck n see.. Going to see Jurassic tomorrow afternoon so will be sat down for 2 hours-that will be interesting as I never sit down at 2pm in afternoon!!

Even licking the butter tablet bowls out and giving a bolus this afternoon for the licks only raised me to 7.2 and dropped to 6.3 so things not too bad for day time...

Nurse expected me to be on 20 so this will now bring me to 19 and I was betwen 16 n 17.3 on pump.. Going back to work next week may well be reducing basals some more for these days.
Was meant to work today but rain stopped me...

Its great to hear from someone else my weight and size.. Thank you so much.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Pleased you've turned a corner Spiker, has it just been the change back to MDI that has made the difference or do you think the Metformin might have helped matters too?
Actually I haven't started on the Metformin yet as I don't want to change too many things at once.

Reactions: 5 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Actually I haven't started on the Metformin yet as I don't want to change too many things at once.

No I agree that its best to make changes one step at a time, however I'm pleased that the return to MDI has helped stabilise your bg control Spiker :)

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I messed up and missed my feedback meeting with Animas. It's been rescheduled for a month's time.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
You can have pump holidays.. You don't have to hand back the pump...

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was interested to read your experiences @donnellysdogs and @Spiker over the last few weeks.

Seems to be quite a few folk coming off the pump at the moment.

I'm also not completely happy with how my pump is working for me at present but that is down to myself not putting in enough effort with it. I've got a basal testing master plan mapped out to get this all sorted out :D

I have total respect for both of you for coming off your pump, I can see it was not an easy decision at all.

Reactions: 4 people