No more pumping for now.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @donnellysdogs, given I use 14u:8u on my split and I'm 50% heavier than you, and you are probably similarly lean, I think you might need to go lower, but moving to 12:8 doesn't seem like a bad place to start.

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Thank you... So much.:)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bad reaults all night...
Didn't go to bed till almost 2am.

01.38 7.2
05.00. 3.1. 15g
06.00. 3.9. 15g
07.00. 5.3
09.00. 3.1

Have corrected hypos with 15g.

This morn lowered to 8.5 for Lev.
Lowered to 1.0 for NR.

This is because of working so hard during the day I think....
Same today.

Would advise be to lower to 12 tonight? Gone from 10 to 15, 14 last night.. Perhaps 12 is middle? Did Lev at 21.30 last night...

@tim2000s, @robert72 what do you think??
I would agree - 12u Levemir tonight. Looks like last night's is still pulling you down at 9am today

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
2 teaspooons of sugar in my coffee and now 9.9. Not correcting though as will see what happens whilst digging!!

Will do more overnight testing again tonight.. Hard to test at 2 n 4 when not going to bed till 2!

Tonight is far different as got to be up earlier and outearlier tomorrow!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
2 teaspooons of sugar in my coffee and now 9.9. Not correcting though as will see what happens whilst digging!!

Will do more overnight testing again tonight.. Hard to test at 2 n 4 when not going to bed till 2!

Tonight is far different as got to be up earlier and outearlier tomorrow!!
Perhaps you should have taken up the offer of the Libre - would help enormously with this transition period. They are very low-profile and easy to manage (about the size of a £2 coin). Although I can see that you're enjoying not having any devices attached to you :)

libre.jpg

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Bad reaults all night...
Didn't go to bed till almost 2am.

01.38 7.2
05.00. 3.1. 15g
06.00. 3.9. 15g
07.00. 5.3
09.00. 3.1

Have corrected hypos with 15g.

This morn lowered to 8.5 for Lev.
Lowered to 1.0 for NR.

This is because of working so hard during the day I think....
Same today.

Would advise be to lower to 12 tonight? Gone from 10 to 15, 14 last night.. Perhaps 12 is middle? Did Lev at 21.30 last night...

@tim2000s, @robert72 what do you think??

Hope you haven't worked yourself too hard in the good weather

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Perhaps you should have taken up the offer of the Libre - would help enormously with this transition period. They are very low-profile and easy to manage (about the size of a £2 coin). Although I can see that you're enjoying not having any devices attached to you :)

View attachment 13738

I had the freestyle navigator and horrendous probs with that for 9 months. May be because again I have so much muscle in my arms. Sounds like I'm a body builder.!! Lol.. Just muscle n skin.

Today turned out good-yaaay!!!! Did a 1/2 unit correction before I started work and by 4pm I was a brilliant 5.4.. And just eating tea before going iut again and still 5.4...

There is no way I would have a freestyle...or a cgm again.. I don't mind testing and I got hypo awareness ie last night I didn't set the clock to test and find I was low. I woke because I was low.

The thing I could not have possibly have hoped for is all the help I have had here...all credit to you guys and girls helping me through this time.

I am loving it to be honest off my pump. I do actually feel normal...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hope you haven't worked yourself too hard in the good weather

Working my butt off at the moment!! I do an "open garden" to the oublic each year for one of my customers to raise funds for cancer... I give my time at a minimal cost so that she can get some money. My dad died of cancer so although not directly giving.. I feel the nominal charge and hours that are given free sort of helps others. Just gulping down some food before going back out again....

Lovely weather though. Absolutely gorgeous today..

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
DD I really don't think you can make changes from one day to the next and expect things to stabilise.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I too am feeling normal again and enjoying the weather. BG continues to head in the right direction. I am getting down to good values now, 5s, just need to clip off the higher values. Get more stability. Bit the trend is good. Never felt better.

Reactions: 8 people

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gave my pump back today. First put on it in 2005. I would probably have carried on but being lumped with the big heavy medtronic 640g pump was the final straw. So i am MDI now whether I like it or not but I do like it. Feel so much happier even nurse could tell.

Not allowed tresiba only allowed to put a few patients on it due to cost. Anyway she said the new basal.from Lily is meant to be out this year and she says I can try that no problem.

I just need to stop this dawn rise!

What time do you guya take your evening basal dose?

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I suppose not but when your meant to be using a fan dangled piece of kit it's a bit against the rule book but ooooh those lovely 4mm needle no pain no gain

For myself, using just the basic pump, and no pump apps etc, the only rules are to be safe! I find the slower acting porcine insulin in my pump, with a 6mm infusion set, takes longer to correct an occasional very high number than a syringe with an 8mm needle, so i may just occasionally choose to correct with that.

It seems from this thread that everyone must be very different - i am the same height and weight as DD but, once the metal infusion set is in, i seldom know it is there. It is just attaching it that can be difficult. After nearly 30 years of feeling unsafe on injections the pump for the last years is a miracle despite various difficulties . Ann

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Gave my pump back today. First put on it in 2005. I would probably have carried on but being lumped with the big heavy medtronic 640g pump was the final straw. So i am MDI now whether I like it or not but I do like it. Feel so much happier even nurse could tell.

Not allowed tresiba only allowed to put a few patients on it due to cost. Anyway she said the new basal.from Lily is meant to be out this year and she says I can try that no problem.

I just need to stop this dawn rise!

What time do you guya take your evening basal dose?
First night back on MDI I took at 6pm because I came off pump in afternoon. Since then 10pm....only because my DP pump made me have to have such huge quanties starting from 3am...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
First time ever I've had to write on my pens which is which to help me remember...!!
Levels high tonight...from 4's last night been 9's n 11's tonight with exactly the same food and was 5.4 before eating..yet tonight totally the opposite....

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First night back on MDI I took at 6pm because I came off pump in afternoon. Since then 10pm....only because my DP pump made me have to have such huge quanties starting from 3am...

I had mine at 11pm laat night. 8U lev and finally that seems to have stopped my DP was same number all night. Granted it was always in the 9s but i didnt want to correct to see what happened. So feeling quite hopeful about that.

Just days to work out. Think i may need to space the levemir 12hrs apart as i have had morning dose at 8am and think its going to overlap and then run out in the evening.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I too am feeling normal again and enjoying the weather. BG continues to head in the right direction. I am getting down to good values now, 5s, just need to clip off the higher values. Get more stability. Bit the trend is good. Never felt better.

Pleased you've turned a corner Spiker, has it just been the change back to MDI that has made the difference or do you think the Metformin might have helped matters too?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Result!!!

6.17am 4.6
7.47am 4.4
9.34am 4.9
10.30am 4.6

No DP!!! With 12 units of Lev at 10.30 last night and 2 units NR (not working tthis morn)....Wicked...:):):)

Thanks guys!! Superb!!

Just got to check what happens in next 2 hours as yesterday I went high by 12.30...

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Result!!!

6.17am 4.6
7.47am 4.4
9.34am 4.9
10.30am 4.6

No DP!!! With 12 units of Lev at 10.30 last night and 2 units NR (not working tthis morn)....Wicked...:):):)

Thanks guys!! Superb!!

Just got to check what happens in next 2 hours as yesterday I went high by 12.30...
Awesome :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It gets even better!! Will update when I get home!! So, so, so very pleased!!!!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Starting to think that Levemir is probably the best basal for you if it's dealing with your DP.