Reactions: 8 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
i do a playlist to take to bed every night for headphone listening

tonight i will be listening to a selection of punk including
NOFX
Guttermouth
poison the well
me first and the gimme gimmes
ramallah
killer barbies
Limecell
Propaghandhi
no use for a name
klingonz
Idiot talk
pridebowl
mulligan stu

:):):):):)

Reactions: 5 people
C

chris lowe

I'm listening to Bohemian Rhapsody (a track that I hate with a passion). It's being played on a radio belonging to the workmen next door who have produced a radical new remix of the song, featuring angle grinders and kangos :mad:

:D :D
But does it improve it?

Reactions: 3 people
C

chris lowe

Not listening to anything at the moment but in the car today I was listening to Mother Earth by Memphis Slim, American Wedding by Gogol Bordello, Tower of Song (live) by Leonard Cohen, I am the very model of a model major general by Gilbert & Sullivan (can't say that I'm not eclectic) and Vincent Black Lightning by Richard Thompson

Reactions: 2 people

Janiept

Expert
What are they playing? You could always download some opera and play it very loudly (and down load the words so you can sing along equally loudly) when theirs is off. :headphone:
Nice idea Chris but then I would be inflicting it on neighbours on the other side and that's not fair so i'll just have to carry on screaming :mad:

C

chris lowe

Nice idea Chris but then I would be inflicting it on neighbours on the other side and that's not fair so i'll just have to carry on screaming :mad:
You could always explain to them what's happening. If your noisy neighbours aren't the type you can talk to the only other option is to keep a log of the disturbances and ask environmental health to get involved.

C

chris lowe

Today at the gym I was listening to Nick Cave Fire Down Below, Richard Thompson Oops I Did It Again (from 1000 years of Popular Music), The Yahoos Bottle & A Bible, Soggy Bottom Boys Man of Constant Sorrow, Gogol Bordello Start Wearing Purple and Troubled Friends, Don Williams & The Chieftans Wil Mountain Thyme those are the ones I remember. I just stick my ipod on shuffle and let it go where it will. I'm on song 1309 of 1410. I'm trying to resist the temptation to update it with some more tracks before I've gone through the whole lot. I've got some new Leonard Cohen and a new Richard Thompson album due Monday. After seeing Fleetwood Mac on Monday I realise I've not got any of their tracks yet.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
right now this -- Laurence Jones
won young new artist of the year 2014

Reactions: 4 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I always like this one, for obvious reasons:

Mrs hay-char played Meonfest yesterday, with her ukulele mates, and Frank Turner was top of the bill. It's a fund raiser for a local school and he had to dash over from Glasto to perform. Apparently his mother is a governor of the school and told him he had to turn up. Mothers, eh? :D

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
enjoying this

Reactions: 3 people