Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Morning all
After a late night and a family meal ( the twins 60th) I'm 6.4 this morning but a good time was had By all :):)

Reactions: 23 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 5.8 after another pain free night:)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

6.0 for me today, after another good night out.

Can't really complain about that ;-)

MosheBenYahud asked yesterday if anyone could explain his apparently erratic results.

I also went through a period trying to understand this type of apparent inconsistency and I found a possible explanation in the required standards of accuracy of the meters we use.

IIRC, the standards require the meters to be +/- 15% at 10, and +/- 10% at 5. So in theory if you tested the exact same sample a number of times and it had a true level of 6, you could get results from your meter of between 5.4 and 6.6, and the meter would still meet the required standard.

I'm not saying this is what you are seeing, but I take the view that minor fluctuations, within the confidence levels of the metering system are no big deal - what is important is the average level and the trends.

JMTC, HTH

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 22 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

6.0 for me today, after another good night out.

Can't really complain about that ;-)

MosheBenYahud asked yesterday if anyone could explain his apparently erratic results.

I also went through a period trying to understand this type of apparent inconsistency and I found a possible explanation in the required standards of accuracy of the meters we use.

IIRC, the standards require the meters to be +/- 15% at 10, and +/- 10% at 5. So in theory if you tested the exact same sample a number of times and it had a true level of 6, you could get results from your meter of between 5.4 and 6.6, and the meter would still meet the required standard.

I'm not saying this is what you are seeing, but I take the view that minor fluctuations, within the confidence levels I of the metering system are no big deal - what is important is the average level and the trends.

JMTC, HTH

Tim
Thanks Tim, it makes sense, even though 15% swings looks quite scary for people with frequent hypos, triggering stress and wrong reactions/actions.
Nevertheless, for those aiming at holding grounds through steady averages, might look less dangerous.
Thanks again for your good insight.:)

Reactions: 8 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 for me this morning, not too bad after meal out with the girls last night :)

Reactions: 27 people

chancellors

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning from a wet Exeter fasting reading @ 07.30 was 6.1, could have something to do with the party I went to last night and then watching the women's football until 02:30 this morning + the food & drink

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

6.3 Fasting. Hope the weather holds as I have some goat marinading in the fridge that I intend to bbq later.

Cue rain.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning troops

6.3 Fasting. Hope the weather holds as I have some goat marinading in the fridge that I intend to bbq later.

Cue rain.
BBQ goat?!
Please share at least some pictures, as it sounds wow:-D
I love goat, yumm, yumm;-)

Reactions: 8 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 not a happy bunny am wondering if hotter weather is contributing to this, as not eating high carb foods!

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 from a bedtime 5.3.....not happy with that...normally drops overnight...:mad:

Reactions: 27 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Not posted much recently - been a bit hectic!

Thursday before bed 5.4 mmol / L.
Friday morning 6.9 mmol / L - no sleep! :(
Friday before bed 4.7 mmol / L - was cream crackered! :(
Saturday waking 7.1 mmol / L - felt tired but, not like the day before!

6.9 mmol / L this morning.
4.6 mmol / L at bed time.

Aiming for bed well before midnight and hopefully before 11pm tonight. Definitely sleep deprived.

Need more celery!! ;)

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Oops, got sidetracked and forgot to post this morning.

Anyway. I was 5.4 when I got up.

Status
Not open for further replies.