Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @MosheBenYehuda
I've been tagged to offer some advice on your testing and your blood glucose problems.
Have a read of the Reactive Hypoglycaemia thread in the 'ask a question' forum.
There you can read what happens to us and see if it it is the same!
Having just read your post about your crumpets, I would like to see what happens when you eat a carb heavy meal, with your bloods taken before, 1 hour, 2 hours and three hours after.
Do you know your fasting hba1c?
You can post me there as I have that on my alerts list.
Hope I can help Moshe!

Reactions: 5 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @MosheBenYehuda

Yes, RH sounds like a distinct possibility! have you found the RH threads yet? If you have been reading the forum for a while, you probably have. If not, I can give you some pointers to them.

Welcome. :)
Hi @MosheBenYehuda
I've been tagged to offer some advice on your testing and your blood glucose problems.
Have a read of the Reactive Hypoglycaemia thread in the 'ask a question' forum.
There you can read what happens to us and see if it it is the same!
Having just read your post about your crumpets, I would like to see what happens when you eat a carb heavy meal, with your bloods taken before, 1 hour, 2 hours and three hours after.
Do you know your fasting hba1c?
You can post me there as I have that on my alerts list.
Hope I can help Moshe!
Thank you so much to you both.
Yes, I have just found the posts and reading them. I'll be back after reading, but it already looks to be exactly the case.:-/

Reactions: 5 people

Merrylizard1314

Monday 29th 4.4mmol/L this morning. 1.9ketones. Another clear pink and gold morning.
Half an hour on the hill, no time for more- off to Sydney, sightseeing with guests. Hope to be back in time to watch some tennis from Wimbledon, tonight.

Take care, everyone, and a big welcome to you new people, too.

Reactions: 22 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi Clive, thank you ever so much. I always knew that diabetics must eat small, constant meals, but it looks I need to practically start doing that. I do LC, and will take it even more seriously, but the HF scares me a bit, as I have a higher LDL. I eat all fat that comes in meats, love the fatty bits, love olive oil, ff milk ang yogurts, would that qualify as HF? Much obliged for your time.
Your welcome moshe',the book by jenny ruhl diet 101 explains the foods and also the ldl phenomenon caused by the lchf regime, as stated by dr r bernstein in his book diabetes explained 4 th edition,as you eat more natural fats the ldl particles actualy increase in size, but this is a good thing as they can no longer get through the capillary walls and get into area's of the body where thy were doing damage,its the man made fats that have finer smaller particles that are responsible for all the damage .

Reactions: 7 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 am, late night rasps and then up in the night...
off to we work we go.....
have a good monday

Reactions: 25 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Have to wait a while but am going to make an appointment with the Doctor for a week after just in case that is if I can get an appointment made seeing as they merging surgeries and it seems to have gone from bad to worse with the appointment system :( 8.9 this am a little up again :lock:

Reactions: 19 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning! Had a HUGE lunch with Mother yesterday then a handful of peanuts at 10pm and that seems to have suited my FBG - go figure ....:D

Reactions: 25 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have to wait a while but am going to make an appointment with the Doctor for a week after just in case that is if I can get an appointment made seeing as they merging surgeries and it seems to have gone from bad to worse with the appointment system :( 8.9 this am a little up again :lock:

I'm sure the stress and worry will be raising your FBG at the moment Patsy, hang in there xxx

Reactions: 7 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

6.3 Fasting. The sun is out after hiding yesterday arvo. If I don't mention the b word maybe get the goat on the bbq later? D'oh!

Reactions: 27 people
Status
Not open for further replies.