Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
It's out of date. ..lol

jgordon5

Have they put sugar in it though? The last time I bought a ready meal salad from Tesco's it had sugar in it! I couldn't believe it. I wrote to them and got a very unsatisfactory reply about catering to people's tastes...

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, it would be interesting to see the nutritional information on the back of the packets.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I suspect this is because courgettes and spiralisers are fashionable just now.
Courgettes .. Typical values 100g contains -
Energy
209kJ (50kcal)
Protein 1.7g
Carbohydrate 2.7g
Sugars 2.3g
Fat 3.4g
Saturates 1.1g
Fibre 1.1g
Salt 0.3g

Reactions: 2 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used both of these while on holiday. The convenience was great as I didn't want to spent my holiday prepping food. My smaller Tesco don't sell them but probably wouldn't buy them at home anyway.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Prefer to make my own without sugar in but good to know as an emergency if on the road .

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is nothing added just grated cauli and ribbon courgette any carbs and sugars are in the veg

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been using the cous cous as my rice and it turns out ok with a few herbs and spices

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have they put sugar in it though? The last time I bought a ready meal salad from Tesco's it had sugar in it! I couldn't believe it. I wrote to them and got a very unsatisfactory reply about catering to people's tastes...
It pays to shop around. M&S do an excellent range of 'Balanced Carbs' meals which are tasty, good value and quite low carb.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How much extra do they charge for grating it for you?

I suspect that it won't stay fresh as long as the whole veggies will.

Robbity

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My mother bought me a spiraliser in June, still haven't used it.

I venture into a couple of Tesco Extras for non-food items but unless it's organic I don't buy food from them. Tesco adds sugar, additives and water to things that other supermarkets don't, found that out from reading labels.

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bought some of the cauli rice from Tesco the other day to have with my takeaway curry. I normally make my own cauli rice but I can't say I enjoy doing so as it gets everywhere!!! It was nice to go for the lazy option for a change, particularly as having a takeaway

Beshlie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The problem for me is food that is low carb usually has vegetables in it which I can't eat at the moment as I can't digest them. I don't know how I remain at non diabetic BG numbers because although I eat chicken, eggs and fish I have no choice but to eat a couple of slices of bread and cereals. It's like the devil and the deep blue sea!

Reactions: 2 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
The problem for me is food that is low carb usually has vegetables in it which I can't eat at the moment as I can't digest them. I don't know how I remain at non diabetic BG numbers because although I eat chicken, eggs and fish I have no choice but to eat a couple of slices of bread and cereals. It's like the devil and the deep blue sea!
Why do you feel you need to eat bread and cereal? I eat only meat, eggs, and occasionally cheese. I feel quite well. I was definitely having trouble digesting vegetables and I saw a dramatic improvement in my digestive system when I stopped eating plants.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi, I too can,t digest veg or indeed anything too fibrous haven't enough large gut left! I've just been eating one slice of toast a day for breakfast but managing other meals by adding half a Lidls tortilla with bacon bits variety to my fish or meat and my bs stay low. I'm feeling well on that. I'm new to lchf but feeling great so far, hope you keep well.