Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
5.5 this morning. Made the mistake of only having a small meal at lunch time and nothing else....just wasn't hungry.... it was a lesson learned...don't skip meals :)

How true! With my gluttonous habits it's so easy to miss a meal or not eat enough. A sign that I'm very out of touch with my body. ..

Reactions: 9 people

Murph28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So busy reading other posts forgot I hadn't posted! A 5.4 for me this morning:)

Reactions: 27 people

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My fasting blood glucose number for this morning is still locked away beneath my fingertip as I didn’t have the mental fortitude to bring it to the surface after a night full of comfort food. I’m sure I’ll go back to the numbers game tomorrow, but in this very moment of tender rebellion, I’m finding relief in the novelty of this hooky.

Reactions: 15 people

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
This post and the resulting replies have been moved to a new thread.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/do-i-need-medication-undecided.81068/

Can you please remember that the forum rules apply to every thread, including this one. If you have something you need to share, other than your fasting blood sugar and it it would be best suited on another board then please post it there rather than derail this thread.
Thanks Catherine. My first time back after a long break. Thanks for tidying up!

Reactions: 6 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
No time to post as I was in the usual rush before work lol. Late on parade then...7.3 mmol/l fasting and 5.6 mmol/l pre dinner injection.

Reactions: 23 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Wow, you do get up very early each day. Great result today.
Up early nearly every day , got a lie in tomorrow as I've only just got home 22.30 hrs . 17 1/2 hrs is enough for anyone

Reactions: 11 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
I've got a cold right now & my blood glucose had been up because of this. Not had much of an appetite, so drinking plenty of sugar free squash & water. Kept all food simple & nutritious the past 24 hours. But, out of the blue, just had a hypo. I've treat it with my current method...Nutella spooned straight from the jar, followed by a banana on a slice of bread. BG back up to 5.2 now thankfully. Still got a hideous headache though, and I'm shattered, but too afraid to sleep right now. BG was elevated yesterday morning, which I put down to my cold. However, overall it was fine all of yesterday, hanging around the low 5's. This disease can still jump up & bite your butt when you least expect it. :mad:

Reactions: 23 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I've got a cold right now & my blood glucose had been up because of this. Not had much of an appetite, so drinking plenty of sugar free squash & water. Kept all food simple & nutritious the past 24 hours. But, out of the blue, just had a hypo. I've treat it with my current method...Nutella spooned straight from the jar, followed by a banana on a slice of bread. BG back up to 5.2 now thankfully. Still got a hideous headache though, and I'm shattered, but too afraid to sleep right now. BG was elevated yesterday morning, which I put down to my cold. However, overall it was fine all of yesterday, hanging around the low 5's. This disease can still jump up & bite your butt when you least expect it. :mad:

That sounds terrible, hope things improve rapidly for you today.

Reactions: 12 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
That sounds terrible, hope things improve rapidly for you today.

Thank you @Pasha. You are ever the gentleman. Headache's easing off a bit now. Going to try & sleep soon.

Reactions: 12 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Sorry to hear Aj get better soon x

Reactions: 13 people

Merrylizard1314

Tuesday 4.4mmol/L. And overslept by an hour! Completely missed the dawn, but a bright,sparkling day.

AJ10, hope you feel much better when you've had a sleep.

Reactions: 29 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning all 5.6 ..only got up for a toilet break now can`t go back to sleep Grrrr

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Up early nearly every day , got a lie in tomorrow as I've only just got home 22.30 hrs . 17 1/2 hrs is enough for anyone
O M G 17 1/2 hours Zzzzzzzzzz

Reactions: 10 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not good but glad to read that you got on top of it. I keep a small box of mixed nuts in my meds bag that I carry arround for those times when I should eat something and just can't be bothered (or there is nothing available). Hope the headache goes soon, water should help.

Reactions: 15 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Get well soon AJ.

Reactions: 16 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this am. Only 4 hrs sleep this am. HbA1c test to look forward to this morning.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning peeps, 7.2 mmol/l fasting. Not bad for me. Yawn need more cuppas lol. Will do insulin at 6am with hot breakfast.

Reactions: 26 people
Status
Not open for further replies.