Type one diabetic and Mount Kilimanjaro!

Leah01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I am type one diabetic (reached my five mile diagnosis milestone this year). My boyfriend and I are climbing Mount Kilimanjaro for Diabetes UK in January 2016.

For those of you with the condition, or know somebody living with it, you can appreciate how challenging it is on a daily basis. Diabetes UK are an amazing but overlooked charity, they give so much to us who are diagnosed with the condition and make our lives easier and easier as the years go on, so I would love to give something back. Can you please all go on our justgiving page and sponsor us any amount. I am biased but it's such a good cause, PLEASE help us to give something back.

https://www.justgiving.com/LeahDrewitt-JimmySmith/

T
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1439148007.116580.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1439148017.921849.jpg
hank you SO much!

Leah

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
excellent cause -- good luck -- be safe
just donated :)

Leah01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you SO much! We appreciate your comments and donation more than words can describe. Thank you!!!

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck!Excellent cause and what a great challenge. My biggest achievement so far is Snowdon but would be up for some proper adventure :)

Reactions: 2 people

Leah01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you! Will be a challenge and a half and that's without the diabetes! Well done you for tackling Snowdon! You should consider Kilimanjaro

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you! Will be a challenge and a half and that's without the diabetes! Well done you for tackling Snowdon! You should consider Kilimanjaro
Actually I may one day. I like thinking that I can do whatever I like despite having diabetes which is true but requires lots of planning and sometimes strong nerves! ive done solo travelling in Asia and I think that was the biggest challenge so far. I didnt reslise how comforting its to have someone next to you until I was far away on my own.
Im sure you will have a great adventure snd will be extremely proud of yourself. Maybe you could write about the whole experience on a website/blog. That would be very inspiring for all of us :)