Type 2 and disability benefit

ZACNEMMA

Hi there, hope you don't mind me asking but I am interested in how many type 2's get disability benefit? Thankyou

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Why do you ask?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I suspect very few do, but I don't know. Personally I don't regard T2 or T1 as a disability in the sense of needing benefit payments unless there is advanced organ damage?

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
There may be people who are on disability for other conditions and they also happen to have T2 diabetes.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Hi there, hope you don't mind me asking but I am interested in how many type 2's get disability benefit? Thankyou
I doubt T2 prevents people from working unless they have lost their feet and have gone blind etc.

Reactions: 4 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
I don't know any.

I have a medical exemption certificate which covers prescription costs and eye test fees but that is all.

edan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've no idea why you would need disability benefits for t2 alone - disability benefits are there to pay for carers etc. You might need them if you have complications eg amputations or blindness.