What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 yesterday, 6.9 today so heading in the right direction. Woke up feeling blocked up so I think I may be starting a cold:meh:, my bg levels are a pretty effective early warning system for colds etc,

Reactions: 4 people

Aginoth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all

4.4 at 0730 Kerchingg :happy:

2 units of Humalog taken

4.4 at 0815 pre-breakfast...take that dawn phenomenom :cool:

SheilaN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Giving out personal information on the internet because it leaves me vulnerable in my personal and professional life.
My partner was 8.2 this morning and 8.6 yesterday morning. I took him to his endocrinologist two days ago to say that his BGL were getting higher and higher in the mornings, although hardly moved up after food. After five days of climbing morning BGLs, despite walking, low carb diet and reduced portions, I consulted his endocrinologist, who suggested he weight-lift light weights for ten minutes before bed. Walking for over an hour effected little change all day yesterday. He lifted light weights for ten minutes before bed. After that he found that his BGL was slightly over 10! Today after waking to 8.2, he drank coffee then more drinks and went out walking for hours. When he came back, his BGL had come down to 5.6 - second time ever since we have been testing. He ate nothing until about 2pm. He is on a low carbohydrate diet; he eats no bread, rice, potatoes, pasta and only vegetables that are not starchy, and very few nuts. The endocrinologist has given me a script for metformin if my partner's BGLs remain so high after two weeks. Are we being extreme in trying to keep the BGLs as low as possible by any means (i.e. dilution, not eating and exercise?) I'm afraid that the glucose will keep rising and do him damage.

Reactions: 2 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two questions .....

1. Those of you who're reporting their first test result of the day, is this your only test or one of a series throughout the day?

2. I only started on a low carb diet in June, so this may be early days for me, but I'm consistently getting first-thing-in-the-morning readings of between 7 and 8.5, with one instance of 9. I can see no reason why it's up some days and down on others. Given these are all above what I'm meant to be aiming for (4 to 7/pre-meal), where do I go from here? (My HbA1c was 47 last week - and 47 when I was diagnosed T2 in May.)

Reactions: 3 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@JenniferW I generally only do my FBG as my last Hb test was 34 so my LC diet is pretty much sorted. If I am trying something new I will still test 2 hrs after eating though.
It can sometimes take time for your BS to come down, especially your FBG. Just remember the most important readings are 2 hrs after you have eaten.

Reactions: 5 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 5.7 and a cold :(

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1440744620.357103.jpg
big bucket of SMEGG

Reactions: 3 people