FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

TOMJC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just activated the professional level settings included bolus calculator. Does anyone know where This calculation appears?

edan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
when you do a blood test you can use the calculator to suggest an insulin dose

TOMJC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just activated the professional level settings included bolus calculator. Does anyone know where This calculation appears?

TOMJC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You have to manually test to use it? It doesn't work if scanned?

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Purely out of curiosity, what is diasend?
It's a Web site and application that you can use to upload all the data from your pump and various meters and view all the data in one place. Also your medical people can securely view your data, if you allow them to.

Reactions: 2 people

TOMJC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apparently there are shipping delays at the French distribution centre which means no sensors are being shipped at the moment. Customer services have no idea what is going on or when normal operations will resume, but does anyone here have any more information on it? Going to have to go without the libre for the first time in 2.5 months if it doesn't come by Sunday!!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I ordered my pump supplies last week, I was told that because of the situation at Calais they couldn't give a definite delivery date. I was told my order would arrive sometime between Tuesday and Thursday. They actually tried to deliver on Monday so the situation obviously wasn't as bad as they thought.

Donkeymad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
From first reading about this meter I could not wait for it to become available. I am extremely sad that although I can afford to buy one, I simply cannot afford to run it. Any chance the NHS will find it? Don't imagine so:(

xequtor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
also I have to say that new sensors are not so sticky like, lets say ones from 4 weeks ago, one fell off after 2 days and now 2nd one I had to tape with surgical tape (tegaderm?) after 9 days. Right now its may 6th or 7th sensor and last one left big, red, thick circle and current one will do same i guess, it itches already after 9 days maybe because I had any SKIN TAC Adhesive Barrier Wipe left and applied on bare skin.
I may take it off today and apply new one with SkinTac if gets worst.

Which Compeed do you user? Please post a pic or exact description,
Edit: got it, its the Compeed Medium

Last edited by a moderator:

xequtor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also anyone heard anything about an Abbot smartphone app that will replace the reader? Such terrible software. Inability to amend notes does my head in!

Abbott is working on a app, many Android Smartphones use same communication: NFC, beginning with iPhone 6 Apple introduced also NFC (used for Apple Pay) so it is possible but Abbott is taking time for unknown reason.

As stated before, there is some early stage (alpha?) open source app on Git for Android

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Abbott is working on a app, many Android Smartphones use same communication: NFC, beginning with iPhone 6 Apple introduced also NFC (used for Apple Pay) so it is possible but Abbott is taking time for unknown reason.

As stated before, there is some early stage (alpha?) open source app on Git for Android

Wow does that mean you can already scan with your mobile Phone? What's the name of the App and did anyone test it?

I just ordered an Iphone 5, sorry to hear it does not have NFC...

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I tried the one that was advertised on here recently. It wasn't very good. It only gave you spot readings and no history and the spit readings overstated by 10%.

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
I tried the one that was advertised on here recently. It wasn't very good. It only gave you spot readings and no history and the spit readings overstated by 10%.

Allright Thanks tim!
Wondering if I should cancel my order and go for a nfc Phone, considering the developments seem to go in the right direction!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
To be honest it's a difficult one. I'm thinking the Dexcom G5 is probably a winner for Apple and only works with iPhone at the moment. On the other hand, the G4 with xDrip only works on Android.

I'm not sure that Libre, in the long run is the best solution.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If Dexcom are working with Google on the G5 (is that true?) then it's certain the software will come out on Android as well as for iPhone.

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
I think the default reader may understate values by 10% and the app might just read out the measured value. Just a theory, since the Libre always seems to show slightly lower values than a blood measure. Maybe Abbot has build in a 10% safety to avoid hypo's..

However, I will just keep on using the reader (and get my iPhone 5 without nfc) since the reader is doing fine and not really big.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
If Dexcom are working with Google on the G5 (is that true?) then it's certain the software will come out on Android as well as for iPhone.
Dexcom seem to be working with Google on something that's a couple of years out. Not G5.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a Dexcom user & was looking forward to the G5. However after reading more about it I'll probably stick to the G4 which I hope will be around for quite a while.
The first problem is that it's iPhone only. This will probably change, but the second problem is with the transmitters. They have been designed to stop working after 108 days so although you get 2 in a box this is a long way short of the current transmitter. This is only guaranteed for 6 months but most people get 10 or more months in practice. Already annoying that you have to replace it simply because the battery has died!

Reactions: 2 people