Are you taking a new Type 2 Drug?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A journalist who writes for the Daily Mail is very interested in speaking to someone who has been prescribed one of the new types of medication for type 2 diabetes and who will talk about the experience and whether it's been helpful. They are especially interested in speaking to someone on any someone on one of the new drugs that help weight loss and prevent hypos (e.g. liraglutide, GLP-1 injectable or SGLT-2) and weight gain.

Please contact Teresa or Sara at [email protected]

Bagpuss Lives!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've recently started Forxiga, which is hopefully going to help with weight loss- which is one of its side effects. I'm on 2 insulin types as well, and take that many pills for other stuff, I rattle! I've had a stent fitted in May

bigmac1947

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
A journalist who writes for the Daily Mail is very interested in speaking to someone who has been prescribed one of the new types of medication for type 2 diabetes and who will talk about the experience and whether it's been helpful. They are especially interested in speaking to someone on any someone on one of the new drugs that help weight loss and prevent hypos (e.g. liraglutide, GLP-1 injectable or SGLT-2) and weight gain.

Please contact Teresa or Sara at [email protected]
Hi just been put on Victoza injection. No longer falling asleep all the time.

rjnkanwal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am type 2. In Nov 2014 my HbA1C was 68 so I was put on Forxiga(Dapagliflozin) 10mg along with metformin 2000mg a day. Prior to that I was on metformin 1000mg a day. In Aug 2015 my HbA1C dropped to 48 and Forxiga was stopped. I did not have any noticeable side effects from forxiga. I had no effect on weight from Forxiga. I was 92kg in Nov2014 and I was still 92kg in Aug 2015. No changes in diet or lifestyle during this period.

GreyWolf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm Type2. Was well managed on Metformin, Sitagliptin, and Gliclazide. Then last spring, I put my back out and about the same time had a tooth abscess rupture. Since then I've been unable to get my A1c back under 11. So 2 weeks ago, the Sitagliptin was dropped and Glic dosage halved, and Victoza added. I have to say that I've not felt so good for a VERY long time, aside from morning nausea. And the weight is now dropping off me ...bought a new pair of work trousers 1 month ago and they are now so loose that i HAVE to wear a belt lest I'm embarrassed by them falling off! My question is - I've always had a sweet tooth, which seems to have now disappeared to be replaced with a deep craving for pickles... sour gherkins, pickled cabbage, pickled beetroot. anything sour and a little salty. I have never had this before. So - do any other Victoza users have the same?

ED. Should have said, in two weeks, my self tests are now at about 9.

Reactions: 4 people

Jimmy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been on laraglutide & tablets for around 18 months and I've not lost any weight at all. In fact I train at the gym between 3&5 days per week doing spinning, hiit, circuit classes ect and I just can't seem to shift any weight.
Recently my sugar levels have shot up so my doctor has put me on the new injections which is insulin & laraglutide in one injection plus metformin hopefully this will bring my diabetes back under control.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I am on insulin and a SGLT - 2 called canagliflozin 100mg.
I don't suffer any obvious side affect other than fizzy urine. Ha ha
I guess it's too late to get involved via press dept. here?
I had only been on the SGLT- 3 a short time when you asked. Sorry :)

MellitusTrap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on metformin, sitagliptin, gliclazide AND lantus, simultaneously.

Spoke to the doctor a few hours ago, and due to the huge lantus dose I have been taking my weight has rocketed by 10 kilos in 5 weeks!

Doctor has switched out all but metformin for:

NovoMix and Empagliflozin

I start tomorrow.
Because the Empagliflozin will push sugar into my urine, he told me to drink 2L of water a day. I'm looking forward to it helping drain the water retention from the Lantus too.

I start the new medication tomorrow

Reactions: 2 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I thought were the same thing. Is one the generic name?

PamelaJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi just been put on Victoza injection. No longer falling asleep all the time.
Hi everyone I've been taking forxiga for about a year along with gliclazide and sitagliptin, I have been told I need to start injecting been given a choice of Victoza or bydureaun. I am very worried about being able to hysically do the push the needle in myself thing....my brother has been four times a day insulin for thirty years but even he can't convince me..I'm pretty scared to be honest. I've settled on victoza so will be discussing at next appt but any advice send support on here would be great. I'm very concerned about side effects too

TrevorFisher

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
i was put on victoza about 2 years ago, i lost quite a bit of weight which was great, but after a while i had constant constipation, and a horrible taste in my mouth, so i had to come off it.
Straight on to Insulin unfortunately.

robertconroy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have taken incretins - Bayetta, Victoza, etc. but now am trying Afrezza, the new inhaled insulin. It's my favorite diabetes drug so far and I've tried about 10 different drugs over last 16 years. Why do I love it?
1 Acts faster than injected insulin
2 Leaves the body faster (extremely important)
3 No hypos
4 Lost 11 lbs so far
5 No refrigeration for travel
6 Can use it anywhere, anytime (no stigma, like shooting up in a restaurant)
Doesn't have side effects like cancer or heart attack like other diabetes drugs.

Reactions: 2 people

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have taken incretins - Bayetta, Victoza, etc. but now am trying Afrezza, the new inhaled insulin. It's my favorite diabetes drug so far and I've tried about 10 different drugs over last 16 years. Why do I love it?
1 Acts faster than injected insulin
2 Leaves the body faster (extremely important)
3 No hypos
4 Lost 11 lbs so far
5 No refrigeration for travel
6 Can use it anywhere, anytime (no stigma, like shooting up in a restaurant)
Doesn't have side effects like cancer or heart attack like other diabetes drugs.

That sounds a great way of taking it .Will have to ask my GP .Was on Novomix 30 and Victoza but the nausea was just too much with the Victoza .I asked my doc was this how it made you lose weight ,vomiting and he laughed and nodded :)

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I am on Victozia for about 7 years now. Before that was on Exenatide. Did not tolerate exenatide very well.Timing the injections to food intakes was difficult. I take 1.2 mg. of VIctozia now in addition to metformin.
I do not have any side effects due to Victozia except slight decrease in apatite. It dd not decrease my weight.

Mamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I stoped taking insulin and started on Victozia plus metoformin 750 x 2
HbA1c went down from 7.5 to 6.8 in 6 weeks.
No side effects so far and no weight loss.
Would like to hear from others experience on Victozia

Reactions: windhaunting

SaraTJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I'm taking Abasria. it's medicine that contains the active substance insulin glargine.