JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi just feeling down and p,d off at the moment
Sick of feeling unwell , every time I seem to be getting on top of it they just chuck another spanner in the works . Now they say I have a boarder line B12problem it would seam you. Get B12 from all the things they have told me not to eat because of my high colesterol is there anything I can do right

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I assure you, it just feels that way and you will with our help, get back to feeling better soon.

Have a rant and get it out of your system!

Or kick the nearest furry thing. (Not a live one obviously!)

Keep your chin up mate!

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you take metformin? That can deplete vit B12 I believe. I've looked at a list of things with vit B12 in them and if I were you, I would simply eat more of them....eggs, salmon, sardines tuna, cod lamb, beef etc.....I personally can't see anything wrong with these. How high is your cholesterol?

Reactions: 3 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
There is light at the end of the tunnel, but in the meantime have a bloody good whinge, don't hold back and bottle it up, just let rip on here, plenty folk on here understand how you feel, get it off your chest.

I do know you can get B12 injections to top your body up, explore this with your practice.

Reactions: 5 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi just feeling down and p,d off at the moment
Sick of feeling unwell , every time I seem to be getting on top of it they just chuck another spanner in the works . Now they say I have a boarder line B12problem it would seam you. Get B12 from all the things they have told me not to eat because of my high colesterol is there anything I can do right
Low B12 levels will make you feel tired and down. I've had them before and the injections gave me a real boost. Normally we get enough B12 from our food, but there can be problems with absorbing it.

Reactions: 2 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A certain brand of spread yeast that you either love or hate is very good for B12 ..

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Marigold Engevita nutritional yeast flakes with added B12, as used by vegans. Can chuck it in bouillon, soups, stews, all sorts.

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thanks to all of you for the quick response,
It's stupid o'clock and just starting work which is no help , but I see the doctor Friday and the nurse for my 6 monthly so see what I can sort out then thanks again YY

Marmalade127

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope things settle down for you try and be positive and thankful for the good things in life no matter how little they may seem
It's stupid o'clock and just starting work which is no help , but I see the doctor Friday and the nurse for my 6 monthly so see what I can sort out then thanks again YY
ope

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thank you all for your replies
My colesterol was up to 16.4 when I was told cut out the fat or die ( doctors words not mine )over the phone . I'm down to 6.8 now
Think that's going the right way
Fasting BG between 6.4 and 4.5 i think that's fairly under control .
So why do I feel so blaahhhhh ?
I see the doctor and nurse on Friday perhaps they can tell me , perhaps not
I love my life and all I have made of it , it's just at times I have to fight so hard to keep

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kat100

b12 needs to get into the body every quickly ..
Severel injections maybe given over the course of two weeks to top you up ..
Then often one is given between 8 and 12 weeks , depending what your body needs ..
Regular blood tests will guide you ..
It's the symptoms and keeping a middle balance .. With B12 numbers ..
Personally I would eat what is your normal,diet for you .. B12 injections will take care of b12 levels .. It has to get in your blood stream quickly if you need it .. The tiredness of b12 and being a diabetic can smudge things a bit
And you can have normal hba1c tests .. Not special ones if your levels are within range .. Your GP will advise on this ..best wishes

K

Kat100

Thank you all for your replies
My colesterol was up to 16.4 when I was told cut out the fat or die ( doctors words not mine )over the phone . I'm down to 6.8 now
Think that's going the right way
Fasting BG between 6.4 and 4.5 i think that's fairly under control .
So why do I feel so blaahhhhh ?
I see the doctor and nurse on Friday perhaps they can tell me , perhaps not
Good luck for your appointments on Friday ..
Forgot to say above .. Often B12 injections are needed for life .. They are ok , and will give you engery back , not always lots but they help your red blood cells .. See what improvements you notice over time .. Best wishes ..

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The wife has had the need for B12 injections ... she says they sting a little but she went from not being able to function to sharp and full of energy within a day or two of getting her B12 injection. If your levels are low it will not be raised by eating .. you need to chat to your Dr about this ...

Edit to add response from cross posting .. the Wife only had the one set of injections as she stopped being vegan after that, and now is vegetarian keeping an eye on whats she eats to keep her B12 levels .. level !

C

catherinecherub

Hi @JAY1JAY1,

I think what you are experiencing happens to a lot of us.

Constant blood tests, appointments, apprehension when waiting for the results. Thinking we have got a handle on it and then something crops up to burst our bubble. It is endless and frustrating. We do the best we can but there always seems to be another hurdle.

I have been diagnosed for 12 years and in the first perhaps 18 months I thought that it would never end.
Take heart, it does get easier and you eventually sort it out but that is not to say that the odd blip does not happen now and again.

Good luck for Friday. There is usually a solution to a problem.

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Results from my 6 monthly seam good
HbA1c down from 7% to 6% chuffed with that cholesterol lol still high but down to 4.13 chuffed with that to B12 down 165 BG/l so on injections but happy overall

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Take care @JAY1JAY1 JAY1, thinking of you.
Best wishes RRB