This year's flu injection

coco44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, has anyone had any adverse reaction to this year's flu jab? I ask because since having mine nearly three weeks ago I have had severe shoulder and arm pain and have now developed what I can only describe as prickly pins and needles in my chest and right breast. Thanks Coco :grumpy:

Reactions: 5 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
None to report. I had mine done a week ago. Had the usual slight ache in my arm for the first 24 hours but that was it.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I always have an adverse reaction to them. The only year I didn't have a reaction at all I got flu a couple of months later. This year I have decided not to have a flu jab at all, even though I have asthma and T2. Not sure if this is a wise decision or not, but it's my decision....:)

Reactions: 2 people

coco44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks tims 2000s and noblehead especially the info regarding reporting side effects o_O

coco44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you know zand I'm beginning to wish I hadn't had mine this year if this is the result of having it. Feel most peculiar and anxious

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Had mine 2 weeks ago, no after affects at all not even the usual lump on my arm

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I had a large lump in my arm but only lasted a couple of days

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I ended up feeling very under the weather with higher than normal glucose levels for over a fortnight, starting a couple of days after my jab. Glucose is still generally higher than it should be but it's see-sawing a bit now as well rather than staying high.. I suppose I may just have coincidentally picked up some other bug from a more or less empty surgery waiting room though.

Robbity

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Threw up the day after but may be entirely unrelated.

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
I have not had mind in 5 years due to adverse reactions the 3 previous years doctor doesn't even offer it to me any more the yuck feeling and the high bs for the three weeks after were just too much to handle while trying to work a 50 hour week

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes, people who think they know everything!
I had mine about 3 weeks ago and a sore hard itchy arm for about a week afterwards, just feeling a little under the weather, but since then I have developed a really chesty cold - the first I have had since being diagnosed 14 months ago!

greybags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This is the first year i have had a reaction.
Lasted about 7 to 10 days, nausea, light headed, sweats, and a general feeling of being ill.
My arm was bruised from my elbow to my shoulder, and looked like i had been coloured in by a 5 year old with blue, purple and yellow felt tips.
That took 3 weeks to fade away.
Not good this year, makes me doubt if i will have it next year.

Purplehaze55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had the Flu jab and both my arms achy for a few days afterwards. Also had runny nose and feeling like I had a temperature for about a week afterwards.

Fuggs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, has anyone had any adverse reaction to this year's flu jab? I ask because since having mine nearly three weeks ago I have had severe shoulder and arm pain and have now developed what I can only describe as prickly pins and needles in my chest and right breast. Thanks Coco :grumpy:

Never would have that filth shot in my veins. Money making scam for big pharmaceutical. Had enough trouble getting rid of the mercury from amalgamated without getting more adjuvant rubbish.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My arm felt as though someone had punched it hard for a couple of days, but that's all.

Marjack

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant attitudes towards other people
I had the ache in the arm that lasted a day, no other reaction

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my jab a couple of weeks ago. Nurse hit a blood vessel so bruised rather badly but no other side effects.