Newcastle diet starting Monday, done it once who gonna join me on my journey??

telandy

Day 1 - Holiday over and looking out the window this morning autumn is starting here in Switzerland, time to start the diet again, I managed four weeks before, but I ttravel alot on business internationally. Looking forward to the eight week stint and a drop in weight, target is 80Kg down from 92Kg where I am now, was over 100kg when I started in March, been off meds since April, will post daily to keep me motivated. I will also start exercising, let's control the disease.

Reactions: 8 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You could do it
Andrew's post has the link to study
Please read all the info carefully and get gp to support you and you could well be on way

katyb42

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am on week 7 out of 8 of ND. Going really well using ultraslim from Tesco 10 meal replacement shakes in a box for £4 or 3 boxes for £10. If you look at other posts numerous people have done ND using various products and some using real food. Personally hunger dissapeared very quickly and the results are so worth it,to your overall health,blood glucose and weight. Get yourself prepared get in the right headspace and go for it. DON'T be put off by others this is something you have to do for yourself by yourself. See you on the other side. I am only doing 8 weeks then going on holiday when I come back I am going to start again .

Reactions: 6 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All the best for your last week Katy. What happens after the nd is equally important, initial weight gain will happen but diet and exercise is very important too.

Reactions: 2 people

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
I am on week 7 out of 8 of ND. Going really well using ultraslim from Tesco 10 meal replacement shakes in a box for £4 or 3 boxes for £10. If you look at other posts numerous people have done ND using various products and some using real food. Personally hunger dissapeared very quickly and the results are so worth it,to your overall health,blood glucose and weight. Get yourself prepared get in the right headspace and go for it. DON'T be put off by others this is something you have to do for yourself by yourself. See you on the other side. I am only doing 8 weeks then going on holiday when I come back I am going to start again .

I
What have your readings been like

Reactions: 4 people

katyb42

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My fasting readings are between 4.6 and 5.2 and two hours after eating the reading is always less than 6.1 I have lost around 11kgs. My blood pressure was always the higher end of normal but is now in thenlower range of normal . Since diagnosis I have lost around 30kgs,but could do with loosing another 10kgs to have a healthy BMI. When I have been on holiday I will do ND again to loose remaining weight and hopefully when I have my next blood test at the end of november I will be taken off the 2 metformin a day and live by diet alone.

Reactions: 10 people

TerryinDorset

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is a really helpful topic.
Being newly diagnosed & prescribed Metformin before any dieting or exercising, I found the Newcastle Diet by accident, & eventually this website. I looked for what meal replacements others are/were using as Optifast is not an option. Thank you.

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My fasting readings are between 4.6 and 5.2 and two hours after eating the reading is always less than 6.1 I have lost around 11kgs. My blood pressure was always the higher end of normal but is now in thenlower range of normal . Since diagnosis I have lost around 30kgs,but could do with loosing another 10kgs to have a healthy BMI. When I have been on holiday I will do ND again to loose remaining weight and hopefully when I have my next blood test at the end of november I will be taken off the 2 metformin a day and live by diet alone.

@katyb42

Kudos to you. There's nothing like not taking the Metformin or the Gabapentin. Can't stand drugs. I am waiting for my neurologist/ gp to call to schedule my checkup. I've been doing GVT consistently since 26th of September and am now getting an extremely good grip on my BG numbers. I almost have the 6 pack abs I had when I was a teenager. I suppose I am new teenager now with 6 decades under the belt. Losing 30Kgs is massive. I have lost about 60 lbs. (I am awaiting new scales from the manufacturer as I type this).

Under inspiration of Professor Taylor I lost a good deal of weight but became a skinny diabetic not unlike @Arab Horse . Its only since I've added extreme weight lifting with a GVT programme that I've seen massive improvements in my FBGs. Nonetheless I am grateful for the work done by Prof. Roy Taylor & others as to have a light at the end of the tunnel of diabetes is what one really needs..

JM

Reactions: 3 people

flying2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all doing the ND again on Monday.
Did it a couple of years back and had great results but got a bit lost after it and back to square one again. I intend recording my journey again and am looking for some co participants to gee each other along
My stats are :-
Height 5'7"
Weight 16st
Hba1c 110 / 16.8
Chol 5.8
Lifestyle active
Age 45
Sex male
Name craig

I've done it before so know results will be fast but just need some help and motivation to keep me going through the hard times any one who fancies it lets do it together.
Yea I'm aware of all the doubters out there but I'm doing it so be happy
Why in Gods name should I travel all the way to Newcastle? I can be cold and miserable anywhere, and the same goes for failing a diet. :)

Reactions: 3 people

Steve50

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
politics, religion, intolerance
Why in Gods name should I travel all the way to Newcastle? I can be cold and miserable anywhere, and the same goes for failing a diet. :)
Hi Guys.

Its been a while

I have been following you all - but from a distance.

I am still at the lower weight - about 98 -= 25bmi but my bloods have been high since I've been off all meds.Not good. I have been asked to come back in to see my GP.I guess I still have some work to do. Not sure I have been able to resurect my Beta cells since dropping the weight.

I still feel it is a matter of time - we need to keep the weight off! this is the challenge for me. I am not disheartened by the stats. In fact I have a stronger resolve.

for those who are starting this program - what I can say is it is not a short term commitment - you need to take on the 'fact' that you will be on this path for life. this is not a bad thing.

we need to understand more about the nature of weight - loss and gain. Ther have been a few things I have looked at - research and tele programes etc. Sme of it chimes - but I dont want to follow fads. I want to know more about me and my biology! Why am I suceptable to weight gain - why am I type 2 etc... deep questions ... not for you to snswer for me - but for me to find out for myself...\\

What I would say is there is value in being part of a community to talk to ...you guys. I dont even care if you are reading this. I just need to feel part of it. NOt sure if this even makes sense.

Off to NY tomorrow to see my daughter. Thanks-giving and all that. So I guess a carb fest - that I will have to fast to prepare for.....

Keep this thread going.

I think I need to stay part of this group!

Reactions: 4 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Living-by-the-beach "Under inspiration of Professor Taylor I lost a good deal of weight but became a skinny diabetic not unlike @Arab Horse." Actually I didn't lose any weight and didn't really want to as I was normal weight until I went LCHF and I then lost one and a half stones taking my BMT down to 17.4, just on the edge of dangerously underweight. I had a liver and pancreas scan and had no organ fat never mind any other type! I feel sure that genetics must play a big part along with lifestyle and diet. I had several risk factors the main ones being chronic lack of sleep, stressful job with no time to eat during the day and a poor diet. I did get a reasonable amount of exercise as I looked after my horses, walked the dog for years and was on my feet all day rather than sitting at a desk.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@katyb42

Kudos to you. There's nothing like not taking the Metformin or the Gabapentin. Can't stand drugs. I am waiting for my neurologist/ gp to call to schedule my checkup. I've been doing GVT consistently since 26th of September and am now getting an extremely good grip on my BG numbers. I almost have the 6 pack abs I had when I was a teenager. I suppose I am new teenager now with 6 decades under the belt. Losing 30Kgs is massive. I have lost about 60 lbs. (I am awaiting new scales from the manufacturer as I type this).

Under inspiration of Professor Taylor I lost a good deal of weight but became a skinny diabetic not unlike @Arab Horse . Its only since I've added extreme weight lifting with a GVT programme that I've seen massive improvements in my FBGs. Nonetheless I am grateful for the work done by Prof. Roy Taylor & others as to have a light at the end of the tunnel of diabetes is what one really needs..

JM

Wanted to say how pleased I am for you that you have found a working solution to your blood glucose levels. All that hard work paying off!
Well done. :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Newcastle is a brilliant city. You could be cold there, but not miserable! Geordie folks are very welcoming.

Oh and the diet didn't make me miserable either. Quite the opposite.

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Living-by-the-beach "Under inspiration of Professor Taylor I lost a good deal of weight but became a skinny diabetic not unlike @Arab Horse." Actually I didn't lose any weight and didn't really want to as I was normal weight until I went LCHF and I then lost one and a half stones taking my BMT down to 17.4, just on the edge of dangerously underweight. I had a liver and pancreas scan and had no organ fat never mind any other type! I feel sure that genetics must play a big part along with lifestyle and diet. I had several risk factors the main ones being chronic lack of sleep, stressful job with no time to eat during the day and a poor diet. I did get a reasonable amount of exercise as I looked after my horses, walked the dog for years and was on my feet all day rather than sitting at a desk.

@Arab Horse T2DM is so frustrating in that I am a skinny diabetic and my heart goes out to anyone in the similar circumstances. I'll share that I've not found remission but very good control with intense weight lifting of the GVT program. Only the Lord knows if I'll get remission. However I'll pray this prayer today http://www.prayerforthecureofdiabetes.com/2015/10/prayer-for-cure-to-diabetes.html that we all might get a permanent cure for our conditions. .

Good luck to us all.