• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recent Content by lessci

  1. L

    Dapagliflozin and thrush

    Drink more to prevent it happening in the 1st place, and as @Mark Rawlinson , speak to pharmacist/DN for treatment for your existing issues. (Female but a slow fluid day is 3 litres. You will pee much more frequently until your body gets used to being more highly hydrated, but it does ease)...
  2. L

    Is a treat just a treat or a dreaded paradox?

    My food "treats" as a T2 include - Pork Scratchings, some good cheese, home made lower carb Ice Cream, high coco content dark chocolate
  3. L

    Anyone having big reliability issues with Freestyle Libre 2 Plus sensors?

    Direct from freestyle is usually the most inexpensive. Have you had the dexcom trial too?
  4. L

    Sore, dry mouth

    Not always the easiest - but try and see a dentist, a good one should be able to help - point you in the right direction. I've got bone loss which can cause some pain, whether it's diabetes related or just genentic who knows?
  5. L

    Diabetic Maculopathy Worries

    I can't help with your OCD, but I had one of those letters and had a bit of a meltdown, was refered to the hospital for further tests, yes it was there but minor and no treatment needed. I've been monitored for about 18 months, in which time it's resolved itself and have now been signed back...
  6. L

    Low Carb Mint Ice-cream

    try adding a little salt - you can't taste it and it stops it freezing quite as hard, I haven't tried cottage cheese, but it's another one to add to the experiment list, Hijack away the more recipes the better
  7. L

    Low Carb Mint Ice-cream

    I'm afraid I don't, but it would vary on the type of cream and milk that you use (in theory you could use all cream which would reduce the carbs even further, but increase the fat) my other new favourite is Frozen Quark with a splash of vanilla and frozen berries, no sweetner needed
  8. L

    Low Carb Mint Ice-cream

    In this (glorious?) hot weather I thought I'd share my low carb Mint Ice-cream receipe. I use my Ninja creamy, but it can also be done in an Ice cream machine or even no churn. 2 Avacodos 250mls Double Cream 250mls Milk of your choice 100g Powdered sweetener (I use Erythritol) 1 tspn...
  9. L

    Glucometers.

    If you're in the UK both Libre and Dexcom regularly have free trials - one sensor which can be eye opening https://www.freestyle.abbott/uk-en/getting-started/sampling.html Libre https://www.dexcom.com/en-GB/dexcom-one-plus-sample Dexcom Personally I prefer the dexcom - the sensors are smaller...
  10. L

    Ringing in the ears

    I get intermittent tinnitus - yet another menopausal symptom, but the earlobe squeeze "hack" works for me. When it starts you squeeze the fleshy part of your earlobes as hard as possible (finger on front/thumb on back) give it a try.
  11. L

    Glicacide

    If you look at my signature I take all of these (Trulicity is an Ozempic sister drug) plus dapagliflozin, alongside a lower carb diet to keep my BG's under control. Meals it's not about the size, but the carb content, BUT (and it's a big one) you need to be comfortable with both your...
  12. L

    Worried

    My Daily Metformin dose is 2550 (3*850 a day) so I wouldn't panic about an overdose situation
  13. L

    FRIO wallet - Customs and airport security

    It could depend on the airport, some have the new scanners with a higher liquid allowance, some are still on the 100mls in a clear plastic bag, and coming back could have different rules to going. I think @Lakeslover idea an excellent one
  14. L

    Losing weight from where

    Wrists and ankles always wrists and ankles. Since perimenopause began I describe my figure as a beach ball balanced on 2 cocktail sticks
  15. L

    Diabetes, gout, fatty liver, and smoking

    When it comes to the smoking, don't give up giving up. I was a 20 a day smoker who quit many times before it stuck, I tried cold turkey, patches (was allergic to the sticky), gum, lozenges, it did eventually stick (although I gained A LOT of weight) I've been "clean" for about 20 years now. Be...
Back
Top