• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recent Content by Resurgam

  1. Resurgam

    Recently diagnosed and feeling deflated after first nurse appointment...

    @KK951 How dismal to have such a negative response to your progress. I had a HbA1c of 91 at diagnosis, 41 at the 6 month mark. That was ten years ago now and I have been feeling a lot better than for the previous two decades when I as being badgered to eat a high carb healthy diet. I was put...
  2. Resurgam

    Cinnamon suppliers

    Having been part of the development team for Allied Lyons at their plant in Market Harborough I had access to many herbs and spices and worked on various products, but also showed off something terrible to my fellow technicians making all sorts of baked goods from the basic powders on hand. I...
  3. Resurgam

    BLOOD PRESSURE FOR DIABETICS

    Beetroot is within my limit of 10% carbs - I think it is usually around 7 or 8% carb - I put one in my daily salad. That really is not something 'full of sugar'. Perhaps you are thinking of sugar beet?
  4. Resurgam

    Verruca

    Just hold the pea until it is no longer cold, then remove it. I did it when taking things out of the freezer and then putting them back in - two or three times a day. I think it is the shock of the cold which makes the capillaries close up and the wart dies off without the surrounding skin...
  5. Resurgam

    Is a treat just a treat or a dreaded paradox?

    Treats don't need to be something carbohydrate or sweetened with sugar. Now I am just on the ten year mark from diagnosis I have treats quite often - I treat myself to a souffle omelette, to salmon, good quality coleslaw, big boxes of mushrooms, to butter, herbs and spices. I make sponge...
  6. Resurgam

    Verruca

    Putting a frozen pea on the verruca will get rid of it fairly quickly - other frozen vegetables are available, or perhaps freezing a screw or nail and putting the head against the verruca would do it. I used to get them all the time on hands and feet when I lived in the midlands. Frozen peas...
  7. Resurgam

    Olvexa — is this a scam?

    There are different forms of the vitamin, Cyano, Hydroxo, Adeno and Methyl co - something, some have to be worked on by the body, some are more long lasting or more biologically active - if I remember rightly - but I don't think any are wonder drugs. There could well be a Nottingham in Texas -...
  8. Resurgam

    Diabec Supplement

    Ah - now I get it - plants such as bitter melon and fenugreek do have the reputation of helping with diabetes, but long term - for a type 2, spending the money on good sources of protein and fats seems a more sensible solution.
  9. Resurgam

    Diabec Supplement

    You'll have to tell us what you've been taking before anyone can comment.
  10. Resurgam

    Simplest Fasting - Gradually More Perhaps Later

    @Tiz I started out eating at 12 hourly intervals rather than pushing two meals into a few hours. It seemed easiest as it meant I was able to go off and do things more easily than having to carry food with me. and stop to eat it. Gradually I began to eat less frequently as I would be distracted...
  11. Resurgam

    Blood Glucose Readings

    @scottwd the HBA1c level is a reflection on how high the concentration of glucose in your blood has been over the previous months, with 41 being the top end of normal and 48 where a diagnosis of diabetes would come. The number shown on a glucose monitor is the reading at that time. Usually used...
  12. Resurgam

    Chia seeds

    I used to put a mixture of milled seeds in bread and it worked far too well as it was delicious, so I switched to a sponge pudding dessert made in the microwave in small portions. My blender has two containers, one for liquids and the other for solids such as nuts and seeds, and I often use...
  13. Resurgam

    Am I crazy?

    Try lasagna using leek instead of pasta - the 'Hairy Bikers' did a recipe which was well liked by those who tried it. pizza - there is 'fathead' pizza dough, useful for other things too. I use cauliflower, roughly chopped, for a curry base, and I managed a low carb bread using alternatives to...
  14. Resurgam

    Huge lapse today.

    @Rosie9876 Habit is a great help, I find - and the longer I stick to eating low carb foods the less attraction high carb becomes. I don't understand the attraction of pizza - I did try a substitute once, but most of it got thrown away. An added bonus to low carb day by day is that week on week...
  15. Resurgam

    What do you like to drink with no carbs/very minimal carbs?

    Just at the moment diet coke and James Cook dark rum. It is almost 3am, so it probably counts as medicinal. I am also overdosing on strawberries and Greek yoghurt. Edited by mods to remove off topic paragraph
Back
Top