IT was crimbo day and I slipped out of being good .....

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The wife had friends over for Crimbo dinner ... We had a lovely veggie meal with roast potatoes, roast parsnips .. Lots of veg and small Crimbo pudding ..mince pie and a few to many quality sweets ... I know was I naughty .. But top spike of bs was ............. And I retested twice each time I tested ..... 5.5 !
Could get used to being in remission :angelic:

What was your spike ..or was you good today ;)

Reactions: 13 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I didn't dare test. 13 at one point thou. This mornings fbg was 9.2 which is normally 7s. Had only 3 hours sleep due to assembling and Santas surprises.
I'll be off to bed soon as shattered. But a fantastic Crimbo for our household. Well worth it. :) :) :) :)

Reactions: 5 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I was a very good boy!

Flatlined all day and enjoyed my meals!
Gonna have a couple of pieces of dark choc soon.

Can't believe you have had no reaction to your food @Enclave!

Reactions: 6 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was a very good boy!

Flatlined all day and enjoyed my meals!
Gonna have a couple of pieces of dark choc soon.

Can't believe you have had no reaction to your food @Enclave!

Yes the wife did not believe it either ... She tested in the 7's at her highest !
I was in self destruct mode via food as I am not good with Crimbo ... Amazing
Pleased you flatlined all day :)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't dare test. 13 at one point thou. This mornings fbg was 9.2 which is normally 7s. Had only 3 hours sleep due to assembling and Santas surprises.
I'll be off to bed soon as shattered. But a fantastic Crimbo for our household. Well worth it. :) :) :) :)
Santa an be hard work .. Hope your numbers return to normal soon :)

Reactions: 3 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Scrambled egg breakfast no test
Lunch turkey, 2 roast pots, parsnips, carrots, cauli, red cabbage with apple and cranberries - too sweet, Brussels with pancetta, Yorkshire pudding, real gravy, stuffing. A spoon of Xmas pud with cream, cheese and biscuits - tested after 2hrs with one eye closed 6.1!!

Tested 3 and 4 hr as couldn't believe it 6.5 and 5.9

Christmas tea - cold cuts home made sausage roll, slice of pork pie pickles etc meringue nest berries and cream.

Tests 2hr 6.9 3hr 6.7 and just now 5.3

I have no idea how I did this and have eaten what I would eat in 3 days in one day - with a couple of small glasses of red. I made a conscious decision to eat what I have eaten today and didn't really stray from plan. I am very strict the rest of the time so back to normal 1200 cal 90g carb tomorrow but thoroughly enjoyed my off piste day!

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The wife had friends over for Crimbo dinner ... We had a lovely veggie meal with roast potatoes, roast parsnips .. Lots of veg and small Crimbo pudding ..mince pie and a few to many quality sweets ... I know was I naughty .. But top spike of bs was ............. And I retested twice each time I tested ..... 5.5 !
Could get used to being in remission :angelic:

What was your spike ..or was you good today ;)

Fantastic, you seem to be well and truly in remission. I was fairly good, nothing too bad to eat but still high. I have days when my fasting in the morning is higher than I expect it to be (or like it to be) for no apparent rreason

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Santa an be hard work .. Hope your numbers return to normal soon :)
A fbg 5.1 with a little help from insulin throughout yesterday after reducing some weeks ago. Hoping just a Christmas day thing. Low carb breakfast enjoyed nicely. ;-)

Reactions: 2 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic, you seem to be well and truly in remission. I was fairly good, nothing too bad to eat but still high. I have days when my fasting in the morning is higher than I expect it to be (or like it to be) for no apparent rreason
Yes the wife is amazed at my numbers and its all down to her hard work understanding how to make the LCHF way of eating work for me. Next time I order test strips will apply tick the box to say I am not diabetes any more and pay the vat .... as long as I stay in remission that is.

Early morning liver dumps can be a real pain .. hope you get sorted out with them .. all I can say it keep doing what works for you and hope you achieve remission.. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes the wife is amazed at my numbers and its all down to her hard work understanding how to make the LCHF way of eating work for me. Next time I order test strips will apply tick the box to say I am not diabetes any more and pay the vat .... as long as I stay in remission that is.

Early morning liver dumps can be a real pain .. hope you get sorted out with them .. all I can say it keep doing what works for you and hope you achieve remission.. :)

Thank you, it can be an uphill struggle especially as my husband eats (and cooks) all the things I can't have!

Daffodils1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, @Enclave and @lovinglife, glad your numbers didn't rise.....it's interesting that they didn't, read a few other posts elsewhere on forum along similar lines....am just wondering if our bodies might be getting a bit better at dealing with carbs after maybe resting and recovering on low carb way of eating. Just curious, have there been other times when you have eaten more carbs and your numbers have pleasantly surprised you?

All the best.