Thrush

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
AliB said:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/107736.php

AliB. Your source I believe.....? It was as you say a study, a heck of a lot different to a clinical trial. The author states that "no definite conclusions about cause and effect were possible, says Dr. Cohen."
Basically it was just a theory....nothing more.

You should have done a bit more reading from the self same site. Here is another few articles more recently published. A lot more relevant too. Just google Diabetes and Salt intake while you are on the site. You 'cherry picked' ONE for your own ends, there are hundreds more with an opposite view.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/169040.php
and another
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/139114.php
and another
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/163810.php
and another
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/163968.php
and another
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/148913.php

There are hundreds more articles from your excellent website (here is a list of the links)
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/newssea ... &sa=Search

All basically de-bunking your new pet theory AliB. That's all it is, so don't try and dress it up as fact when it has no basis at all in medicine and is contrary to all the other good articles and advice on this website. Contrary to all medical opinion, apart from Dr Batman's pals, converts etc.As for your Dr Batman. I think I have probably said enough about him, a nobody who just wanted to sell his book and died, so there is now a list of other 'crackpots' publishing it and making money off people who really know no better.

I could go on and on and on, isn't that what you are doing.....?

I too prefer to 'think outside the box'. If I were to follow your advice I would very soon probably be in one. It's a 'crackpot' theory held by very few people who have no idea of the damage that could be done to many others. People who are taken in by long psuedo tech speak about things usually 'culled' from other sources and posted as if it were all their own work. I could probably put together a book using that technique. It would be about as factual and valid as a 'Harry Potter' novel.....so I'm told ?

Please everybody give this one a WIDE berth........for your health's sake. :(

ally5555

who knows - I think everyone is losing the will to live!

I have been looking at dr jelly bellys videos - yawn!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Ah well. You see you posted this in Diabetes Discussions so that is what it is. I don't think it really would make any difference where it was posted, you would still get the same responses.

Now I would like to know your view as the OP on taking twice your daily recommended salt intake as AliB advised you to ? Are you happy with that :?:

AliB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry - I had no intention to 'hijack' the thread. I never imagined that suggesting you try drinking water instead of other drinks and taking a little - a little bit of salt to keep your electrolytes up would kick off such a stink of over-exaggerated responses!

This thread was about thrush and still is. I got rid of my fungus-factory by eating low-carb, eating more fresh vegetables and drinking fresh water - the salt just helps to rebalance the pH level in the body and keep the electrolytes and minerals balanced.

Anyone would think I was recommending you drink two litres of bleach and eat a few pinches of arsenic - not water and salt, the normal everyday items that people do and should consume! Water is the best drink we can have, and one that the body can use every drop of.

If people on here are going to get their knickers in a twist about this then there really is no point at all being on here. If no one on this forum is open-minded enough to even consider the concept of dehydration as a possible reason for our health issues then I'm off. I would rather go where people really are interested in getting better.

'All truth passes through 3 stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.'
Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

PS. Ally, did I actually say that my friend got RID of her inhaler? I think, if you check the dictionary 'get RID of' and 'not had to USE' are totally different concepts.

That is another reason why I don't want this any more - people are too good at twisting and exaggerating everything I say and I have had enough. If you are like that with your patients then I feel very sorry for them. Arrogant and belligerent HPs have done enough damage to me and mine to last a lifetime and the further away I can get from them and their very damaging 'advice' and treatment the better.

This is working well for me - my levels have never been better and many of my other health issues are now resolving. It is working well for many other people too. That's enough proof for me.

Bye bye.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
AliB
Sorry - I had no intention to 'hijack' the thread. I never imagined that suggesting you try drinking water instead of other drinks and taking a little - a little bit of salt to keep your electrolytes up would kick off such a stink of over-exaggerated responses!

If only it was about just a couple of litres of water and a little bit of salt we perhaps might have been willing to listen, Your LITTLE bit of Salt was more than the recommended daily intake of 2.4g. You were advocating up to 3g in a glass of water !! That on top of salt that we already consume in our diet....very odd advice as far as I am concerned. Not good advice for many people with various health concerns. Totally against all medical advice as well.

Nobody is saying that Dehydration isn't a problem with some people. The treatment is nothing like your simplistic approach of take more salt than we need.

So, in my view....I think the over exaggerated response is all yours AliB. You see most of the people on this forum have read your myriad of changing views from week to week with utter amazement ! As Ally points out it changed from one week to the next to the point where we wondering what 'fact' was going to be put before us next ? We all have open minds and we are all intelligent enough to read all of this and make our own minds up about your 'factual' posts. If they want to go your way and it works, fine. I hope it all works out for you, wherever you are and wherever you pass on your message.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
A bit of basic biochemistry
Salt is Sodium chloride, whatever its source. It may be associated with other minerals, if it comes from the sea or the Cheshire salt mines, which were probably under the sea at some time.
An electrolyte, is a solution of an ionic compound[like sodium chloride]in water, an ionic solvent, which is capable of conducting an electric current. It's the individual ions which carry/are the current. Nerve messages, are transmitted by sodium and calcium.
Blood plasma contains ions in solution, which include, sodium, calcium, chloride, phosphate,carbonate and a whole host of others.they are as important in their osmotic effect as their nerve transmitting effect. water is the solute of blood plasma. If there is too much or too little water in the blood, the osmotic potential is changed and substances don't move about as they should. This is what testing for electrolytes finds out.
There's not a lot of point in writing about things if you haven't a clue what they are. It's like the dialogue in Star Trek or the poem Jabberwocky. Sounds logical, but means nothing.