Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

David_A_Hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
13.1 - I am getting more than just a little depressed at these readings, having gone relatively low-carb for a month or two. I'm not overweight, never have been, and I've never had a sweet tooth. Today I expect my readings to swing wildly (as they did yesterday, as they do everyday) from about 5 to the high teens. What's going wrong for me?

Reactions: 12 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
7.2 @10pm. 9.7 @5am

late breakfast @5:15am 5x Brazil nuts and two thick slices of cheddar cheese. 2hrs Post breakfast and 1hr gym 8.1

Reactions: 24 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
13.1 - I am getting more than just a little depressed at these readings, having gone relatively low-carb for a month or two. I'm not overweight, never have been, and I've never had a sweet tooth. Today I expect my readings to swing wildly (as they did yesterday, as they do everyday) from about 5 to the high teens. What's going wrong for me?
@David_A_Hughes this is quite typical of insulin resistance.
Those carbs make the whole process erratic.
Some go very very low carb then reintroduce odd carbs after 2hr post test.
I hope you can find the strength to go that bit further after all your hard work to date.
It's definitely worth it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.7 this morning don't know what's going on, for a while now my BG has been all over the place from low 4s to double figures and back again all in the space of a single day got to try and even things out too many peaks and troughs are not a good thing.

Reactions: 12 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
24/3/16. Morning All.

6.2 this morning :cat:.

(@ickihun do I get a winner?)

Reactions: 16 people

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
5.0 :) I wish I could take 1/2 a unit of insulin.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 11 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
DR123
Morning 8.6 @ 7.45

Going to chronic pain clinic today hope they can help with sciatic pain

Good luck, I've had a flare up of sciatica this week and have been toughing it out, it's a long term problem since 2001, when I damaged an already slipped L4/L5, further scans revealed damage from the T12 down, I have been on many medications including all the major opioids along with facet joint injections.

I was one of 300 people that attended a 3 day copers study course in 2012 by the university of Warwick, it changed my outlook on pain currently although in pain, I now can accept and work through by way of distraction to avoid focusing on the pain, I've not used major pain relief for a few years now, I do get the odd days when mobility is severely restricted and normality is a no no, but in general I'm very active and can focus on distraction.

It's no cure but by attending the course, I did get an understanding that there is no permanent cure to be had, but you can find ways around coping with the pain.

Maybe worth asking the pain clinic and your GP if there are any courses available for pain management, you could attend.

Reactions: 6 people