Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yep I've been regarded as a BFL too. It makes me so very angry. I know that I don't cheat. I know that I write down everything I eat when I'm doing a food diary. Aaaarrrggghhhh how dare they?

Been through that with locum and diabetic doctors.
Eat less!
Exercise more!
You are eating too much!
Lose weight you will feel better!
You will Lose weight if you diet properly!
And you will sleep better!
Eat wholemeal bread!
Have porridge for your breakfast!
Have a low fat yoghurt for your sweet!
Walk more!
Eat sensible!
Always have complex carbs with every meal!

And many more!

***!

fene48

Congratulations on your achievement and all the best for the future.
However, for a lot of T2's the answer is nowhere near as simple. In fact, it would be to your benefit to read some more of the posts and you will see just what a challenge it is for a lot of us. There may be many causes and I suspect a lot would have to do with the fact that people only recognise it (that they have a problem) is when it kicks them in the guts.
At the end of the day you have to accept that you have a problem, that you own it as well as the solution.
ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL.
I am on the VLCD Newcastle Diet and at the moment its doing wonders for me. I read about low carb, high fat, high protein etc diets and cannot understand why some fly in the face of expert advice. I guess we are all desperate to get a bit healthier and get a handle on managing our conditions. We follow different paths.
But it is definitely NOT WILLPOWER Diabetes Easy Cure.
I think anybody who achieves does through motivation. This requires research, knowledge, planning, application and execution.
Willpower is a myth. It is not a unique quality that you can trot out whenever you feel like using it.
So please read a bit more before making things sound so easy and simple. The human body is comlex and it does need the stuff found in meat and dairy etc.
As for being "free" of diabetes, I can still hear my GP snort when I told him I was going to drive my diabetes into remission with the Newcastle Diet. He brought me back to earth with - 'yeah you might just do it, I hope you do, just remember you will be a recovering diabetic for the rest of your life".
I have 3 weeks left on the Newcastle Diet - with great results so far. The real work will begin to keep the gains for as long as possible, but then again I am motivated.
Best of luck in hanging onto your gains.

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Moving at all on days when I feel doggone tired out
I think it is more some one caught up in their own enthusiasm which has probably now taken a bit of a knock .

I did too, Buddy-Roo. Had HbA1c of between 5.1 and 6.0 for the first six years. I was 'cured'. I have watched dozens of people do this, but as our friend above says, you can't resurrect dead beta cells. In my seventh year the HbA1c slipped up to 7.0, and in the eight year it was 8. I begged for insulin to stop this trend, but no, it was 'too soon to put you on insulin'. Then we went the full gamut of Metformin (a life in the bathroom), and then Victoza (Liraglutide) and finally Glargine (basal insulin, Lantus pen) and now we are on NovoRapid. I hope our victorious friend enjoys his Honeymoon with his new pancreas for 6 years, like I did, but unless he is something extra special I imagine his diabetic working parts will wear out, like the rest of us have found. Good luck Diabetes Easy Cure Man - may you be blessed, and may your euphoria last and last...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did too, Buddy-Roo. Had HbA1c of between 5.1 and 6.0 for the first six years. I was 'cured'. I have watched dozens of people do this, but as our friend above says, you can't resurrect dead beta cells. In my seventh year the HbA1c slipped up to 7.0, and in the eight year it was 8. I begged for insulin to stop this trend, but no, it was 'too soon to put you on insulin'. Then we went the full gamut of Metformin (a life in the bathroom), and then Victoza (Liraglutide) and finally Glargine (basal insulin, Lantus pen) and now we are on NovoRapid. I hope our victorious friend enjoys his Honeymoon with his new pancreas for 6 years, like I did, but unless he is something extra special I imagine his diabetic working parts will wear out, like the rest of us have found. Good luck Diabetes Easy Cure Man - may you be blessed, and may your euphoria last and last...

You must have been in the forefront of vlcd, if you did a crash diet 6 years ago.
What method/diet did you use.
Was it similar to the newcastle diet, or vegetarian like the op?

relph

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who bully
Hello all…I am not a newbie to diabetes type 2 as I was diagnosed in Sept 2012. I was not a pretty sight with all my numbers, including all lipids, cortisol, blood pressure etc etc sky high. I too reversed everything within three months and have been stable in all areas since without ANY medication. I never ate junk food before but I did indulge in carbs but then again I have friends who eat junk morning to night and they don’t have diabetes….so yes I was dealt bad cards. BUT my point is that I too was very enthusiastic in the beginning as was my doctor. So much so that he asked me to repeat GTT in case they had made an error…unfortunately no error had been made. I too started advocating dietary changes to others thinking it would make a difference to their situation, but unfortunately it very often didn’t as we’re all different…oh to be wise in hindsight!! I could go on and on BUT what I really wanted to say is that I am totally flabbergasted at the way some of you have seemingly attacked poor “Diabetes easycure” I agree with you all that “Diabetes easycure” is probably not cured at all but how about showing some compassion? Maybe it was just sheer enthusiasm as we all know how it feels when suddenly all the numbers start to normalise…or maybe it was the incorrect use of language or a combination BUT surely your tirade was not necessary. You (you know who you are) could have chosen a much nicer way to educate and give your opinion.

Reactions: 2 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First, let me congratulate you, a young dude, newly diagnosed, who has followed his diet and done ok. You done good!

However, you are minimizing the struggles of others. Type 1s and 1.5s can't do what you have done at all. Older people don't bounce back from what ails them as quickly as young dudes like yourself. Some of us, me included, have struggled mightily and hard over a decade and not gotten there, even with great diets. Although I followed a vegan diet to lose weight and that part worked, it did not work on the ole type 2. Medication helps. Some of us out there are allergic or sensitive to some forms of medications that help others, and some of us have other health concerns that most young dude don't have to worry about. Some of us are pregnant and some of us are growing and so have to follow various kind of diets so our babies can develop while we minimize medications and so we ourselves can develop if we are ourselves growing. Some diets adversely affect brain development, for example.

So, congratulate yourself, stick to what works for you, hope you can do that long term but understand that you are sounding a lot like those folks who show up on the forum only to invite us to their private blogs and sell us their expert services.

I just want to inform you that you are not an expert. while I'm at it, I want to inform you that I'm not an expert, either.

So, rock on, dude, and good luck pertaining to yourself but don't pretend to pertain to everybody else

In that case, I guess you can't pertain for me, as I don't say any of what you have said to the op.
You are speaking completely for yourself, for the record.
It's in a type 2 forum, what you said about type 1, type 1.5 is not applicable either.

My message to the op

'Well done'

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
My message to the OP.

Are you on commission?:rolleyes:

Ten pages of posts on the back of two posts flogging a book by a (deceased) quack? Not bad going.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes well done to the OP, but equally well done to all of those who have worked even harder than the OP and not got the same results.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
How is it so few people can spot SPAM please read the two posts the OP has made it shouts SPAM !

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, if anyone is concerned or worried about the OP's posts (spam, scam) then please report it and let admin look into it ?

EdMac

What I did notice was when I highlighted @Sirmione 's post to quote it a new browser window opened with a voice saying "we have to amputate your legs today....that's what the doctor told me". That's clearly a message designed to associate someone into, what is for many diabetics, their greatest fear.

Not sure how that happened, but it's not ideal.

Edited to add: I just searched the page using a link identifier and I couldn't see the link so it may be adware on my computer picked up from another site.

Last edited by a moderator:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How is it so few people can spot SPAM please read the two posts the OP has made it shouts SPAM !
So we've turned Spam into something decent (a good discussion) I don't see anything wrong with that. There's less chance of an unsuspecting newbie falling for the quick cure claims of this or any other spammer now. Job done.

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What I did notice was when I highlighted @Sirmione 's post to quote it a new browser window opened with a voice saying "we have to amputate your legs today....that's what the doctor told me". That's clearly a message designed to associate someone into, what is for many diabetics, their greatest fear.

Not sure how that happened, but it's not ideal.

Edited to add: I just searched the page using a link identifier and I couldn't see the link so it may be adware on my computer picked up from another site.

I saw it in my browser. Someone is at it.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been trundling round the forum as usual for the last few minutes, and twice when I have clicked on (different) pages I have had pop up 'Diabetes Destroyer' boxes come up.

Never happened to me before, but I am flagging @Giverny to let her know, cos it ain't a good thing!

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got that page too something saying we need to get your leg amputated today, scary.
There could be something on definitely. I dont know but admin can try using something like sitelock to scan the site once.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really? I'm feeling left out now! Why didn't I see it? Even spammers won't talk to me :(

I don't see it either.
Maybe it's nothing to do with this site, or our security is better.

Reactions: 2 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Folks, no disrespect, but surely it was blatantly obvious from the get go this was a spammer? All I did was Google that quack Moritz and that told me all I needed to know. I think we have to credit newbies with some intelligence, and if they Google the book, they can see what kind of **** it is.
However, ten pages of posts by forum regulars about a claim that is obviously bs won't help! We can't expect mods to act on only two posts (the OP has not returned) so it's down to us. Maybe now let sleeping SPAM lie?

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.