sex and hypos

cyb3rminx

Dislikes
anything that is good for you
Hi dont know if this is in the right place but here goes. I was just wondering if been diabetic affects anyone sex life ?
I myself was afraid to have sex when i was first diagnosed then after a few months i started to drink lucozade if i thought sex was on the cards. I have suffered several times with hypos during sex and its not a great turn on for either me or my partner when all we can think about is weather i am going to have a hypo or not. Does this effect anyone else or is it just me being paraniod?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi cyber3rminx.

How can I put this.... I do know that both nocturnal and diurnal 'activities' can have a detrimental effect on Bg levels ? :oops: Therefore it might well pay you to stock up on the Lucozade and Glucose Tabs. It might also pay you to keep them near the bed, or other areas. :D

Ken.

Celtic.Piskie

Dislikes
Whole-wheat past and rice, tastes horrible. Cats, spiders, and people who think nick jonas is a musician.
Chocolate sauce :DDDDD

Seriously. If you know that you will need sugar, i.e long and good, then make it fun!

Chocolate sauce, honey, banana's, i hate interuptions during sex, so i bring the food in lol.

p.s, make sure you have some sheets that you do't mind getting covered in sauce lolol.
Feed each other strawberries covered in chocolate for starters, and some of those fizzy glucose tablets can be fun -;)-

keep random stocks of tablets around the house wherever you, ahem, lol.

Good luck :) - have fun :D

viv1969

Celtic.Piskie said:

Seriously. If you know that you will need sugar, i.e long and good, then make it fun!

Chocolate sauce, honey, banana's, i hate interuptions during sex, so i bring the food in lol.

p.s, make sure you have some sheets that you do't mind getting covered in sauce lolol.
Feed each other strawberries covered in chocolate for starters, and some of those fizzy glucose tablets can be fun -;)-

Amen.

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Now hold on just one minute...

Sex can cause hypos/lower your BG???

I'm gonna have to tell the missus about this!

cyb3rminx

Dislikes
anything that is good for you
Celtic.Piskie said:

YIPEE lol why did i not think of that :D
thanks to all your replies

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
ShyGirl said:
I'm not sure about sugary foods and sex as i'd worry that I would then go too high. Can't win!

Being high would be a good reason to do it again :lol:

bmtest

Yes this can be a common passion killer "just wait there while I have a couple of biscuits" only to be told by the other half leave it now we will do it another night. This is usually my luck but the good thing is I have narrowed the event down to my annual birthday, the only thing is I don't know is when it will occur in the 24hour time slot, but I keep my level high just in case.

It's a diabetic thing some things you cannot plan and your mind is always thinking " I wonder if I am hypo or is it I am tired" .

I have the same problems with meetings at work do I need food am I going low will I be able to talk and think correctly. I tend not to tell people I am a diabetic and get fed up with comments like do you ever stop eating.

In short if it's anything physical like this or sport you have to have the fuel otherwise you will have to break of for something to eat.

howie

since being T1 (a few months) i've found my BG level always raises about 1mmol/L after sex. not that i measure before and after every time but i have done a few times out of curiosity. and its not through being under active or not carrying on for extended periods before anyone suggests it lol!

lionrampant

A true player, let's call him tnapmarnoil, once had the unfortunate experience of going hypo whilst engaged in sexual congress. His reaction? To reach over and down half a glass of orange juice without missing a beat (stroke?).

Moral of the story kids - keep sugary drinks nearby. Within arms reach. And if she complains, you were probably doing something wrong to begin with. :wink:

Reactions: kimrooney89

Celtic.Piskie

Dislikes
Whole-wheat past and rice, tastes horrible. Cats, spiders, and people who think nick jonas is a musician.
Style. Very very impressed, i like it !

C.Bell

If only I had sex I could chip in too :D
Unfortunately diabetes and relationships are two things which don't go together when you're 21 - girls tend to run in the opposite direction :roll:

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
So, let me get this straight.

Now I have betes, for "safe sex" I now need to have in or around the bedroom:

Chocolate sauce
Biscuits
Lucosade
Glucose tablets
And my meter to measure "before and after" BG levels :shock:

Talk about passion killers.............not 9 and 1/2 weeks, more like 9 and 1/2 BG :lol:

I also need to be careful with those lancets...............I have a water bed. 8)

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Ardbeg said:
Talk about passion killers.............not 9 and 1/2 weeks, more like 9 and 1/2 BG :lol:

:lol: passion killers perhaps, but if you play close attention to your BG levels for the rest of the day then when the time comes (pun intended!) then you shouldn't have any need for Lucozade until afterwards!! :lol: :p :wink:

Malcolm.Smith

C.Bell said:
If only I had sex I could chip in too :D
Unfortunately diabetes and relationships are two things which don't go together when you're 21 - girls tend to run in the opposite direction :roll:
YUP! been there and bought the t.shirt mate. I remember meeting a gorgeous lass down the student union one night and ended up back at my place. Activities er ensued and the next thing I remember is having a doctor shine a light in my eyes covered in glucose solution, completely in the pink with both my flat mates and the young lady looking on with horrified expressions on their faces. Needless to say I never saw her again!.
My wife has informed me that first time it happened to us she was terrified even though I'd said what might happen from time to time. She now knows exactly what to do in the rare occasion it happens again (the hypos that is cheeky! :wink: ) . and to be honest if she runs a mile then shes probably not the right person for you anyway.
Have fun finding out though, lol

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Just for the record, it is possible to have sex without hypos.

I just wanted to make that clear. :wink: