Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
@ickihun I don't think Cameron would want to go down as the Prime Minister who caused the break up of the United Kingdom. If there is a vote for Brexit he will resign. Boris Johnson well might be calculating that he will then become Conservative Leader and PM. He used to support being in the UK, but has switched to supporting Brexit - opportunism?

I think if we are Out, Cameron will be gone pronto, probably via a vote of no confidence from 50% of his own party.

I think Ozzy Osborne could also suffer the same fate in the night of the long knives...

I don't think Boris has a chance this time round....

My money is in Teresa May...she has remained buttoned up, pretty tight lipped and avoided blotting her copy book:)

However my best guess...here it is folks....is that the result will be REMAIN by a margin of around 5% and that will still cause problems for Dave and his acolytes:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

holdfast

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Government regulation
I am not very familiar with this type of forum, I did not expect people to tell me what they thought of what I thought. I thought they would stick to presenting their own views of In or Out. In general I do not think the internet lends itself very well to dialogue, where tone of voice and the possibility of interruption are lost. I appreciate very much the interesting comments made, but please do not take it amiss if I do not make further replies.

Sent from my XT1032 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 4 people

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
The very good John Oliver on this; funnier than the Liverpool professor and with more swearing too:

Best

Dillinger

Reactions: 2 people

Lynbarn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One more thought on this. If there is a vote for Brexit on Thursday, the Scots are likely to demand a second independence referendum, if the majority in Scotland are for remaining in the EU. They might well then vote to leave the UK and stay in the EU.
Scotland has consistently sent a large block of more progressive MPs to Westminster. Previously Labour, now SNP. Without those 40+ MPs, it will leave the Conservatives with a bigger majority, and it will be much more difficult, perhaps impossible, to defeat them in the future. This will have huge implications, especially for the NHS.

As I understand it we shall be able to tell from this referendum almost down to each town and how they voted, that being the case we will be able to work out just how strong a second Scottish independent vote would be.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My son just showed me this video apologies if it's been mentioned on this thread already.

Yes let's do something now....lead not leave.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My son just showed me this video apologies if it's been mentioned on this thread already.

Yes let's do something now....lead not leave.

To do this we need a leader. We haven't got one, in any party.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Nothing stays the same. Lets preempt the change and DO something NOW.

You shouldn't make a change regardless, just because you've been given the opportunity. You should make a change because you have considered all the options and information available and change is the best of these.

Have you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynbarn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was watching a bit of the BBC News this afternoon and they said they had a pole of poles from across Europe on what they thought about us having a referendum, according to them ( the BBC) it was reckoned that there was a 60% of those in the pole though we would be better off out of the EU as that would lead to the changes that are required. If however we voted to stay in they thought nothing would change.

Then there was a question based on each countries view about us, the BBC reporter said that both the German and French people said in a 60 /40 split nether country wanted us in the EU as we where not Europeans, but both countries realised they needed us to help pay the EU bills.

I do wonder sometimes if there is a conspiracy going on to get us out come what may. If there isn't and that what the rest of Europe think about us then I will gladly say Au revoir et bonne chance or Auf Wiedersehen und viel Glück or arrivederci e buona fortuna

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I do wonder sometimes if there is a conspiracy going on to get us out come what may. If there isn't and that what the rest of Europe think about us then I will gladly say Au revoir et bonne chance or Auf Wiedersehen und viel Glück or arrivederci e buona fortuna

In that scenario I'd rather stay and fight to prove them wrong than run away and prove them right. But that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FolkyRose1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people looking down at me as if wondering why l am in a wheel chair (I am in a high risk of falling
I have a question. I am an expat living in Spain . How would leaving the EU affect my health eg. Availability of medications

Lynbarn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To be honest I don't think anyone knows or has even given it any consideration, from tonight's BBC newsnight as I understand it we shall remain in the EU until someone enacts clause 50 of the EEC Treaty the one Ted Heath signed us up to, which will signal that we want to leave and it will be only then that the negotiations will start. So for now it will be carry on as usual.

But the caveat would be to keep a watch on this site as I am sure that any official notification will be on here as and when it happens and it will tell you what you have to do.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a question. I am an expat living in Spain . How would leaving the EU affect my health eg. Availability of medications

I very much doubt anyone knows yet, but nothing will change in the immediate future.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My sister stays in France and if we vote out she would need to apply for a Visa, to which she is unsure if she would be accepted.....

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My sister stays in France and if we vote out she would need to apply for a Visa, to which she is unsure if she would be accepted.....
I don't think there will be anything to worry about in the immediate future - it will take years to sort this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.