Sure T

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hello is anyone using the sure t infusion sets for mini med 640g...I was previously on the mio but they kept kinking and sending me Into the 30's!! I saw my DSN and consultant yesterday who ordered me sure t's and was just wondering how people got on with them?!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello is anyone using the sure t infusion sets for mini med 640g...I was previously on the mio but they kept kinking and sending me Into the 30's!! I saw my DSN and consultant yesterday who ordered me sure t's and was just wondering how people got on with them?!

Hi Nicola,

I currently use mio but having issues with the infusion sites and lumps so trying Cavlon spray before changing to another set type, I haven't had any issues with kinking though - what was the problem ? I use the shortest length on the Mio and tuck any excess tubing into my insulin pouch which sits around my waist. The Sure T is a steel needle infusion set and supposed to be more secure: http://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/products/infusion-sets

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've tried the Sure-T in its Animas form (it's the same set just under a different name) and I found that it made little difference to me. On the 6mm set, I felt it more if I lay on it than I do with the Mios.

Pitsgate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After kinking issues with quick-sets I'm now almost finished with my trial box of sure-t's and they've been good.
A few slightly uncomfortable sites (am more aware of them than quick-sets), but otherwise it's thumbs up. I am bit lazy and find the changing every two days thing a bit of a bore but for the security of no kinks it's an alright price to pay...

Regards the 640g I cannot say much - I only today swapped from paradigm to 640g (it's so retro looking! Like some resurrected mp3 player from year 2000) and so far it's all been exactly as before. But yeah, they were good on the paradigm and don't think the 640g makes any difference.

I've tried a few of the new angled mio30's but got a kink with them already, so not sure about those. Will probably give them another go as I would like to have an alternate (longer) option to the sure-t.

D

Deleted member 83869

Hi Nicola,

I currently use mio but having issues with the infusion sites and lumps so trying Cavlon spray before changing to another set type, I haven't had any issues with kinking though - what was the problem ? I use the shortest length on the Mio and tuck any excess tubing into my insulin pouch which sits around my waist. The Sure T is a steel needle infusion set and supposed to be more secure: http://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/products/infusion-sets
Hello,

Well during pregnancy I had no problems with them whatsoever, but since giving birth 95% of the time the cannula would bend so it wouldn't go in me and I wouldn't notice until my bloods was in the 30's!! My consultant Said that in pregnancy the skin is different so I don't know! Hoping this works for me though....I miss my pump lol