Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
15 before bed with insulin = fbg 5.5 Phew! Oh and high blood pressure this morning. No more carbs for me. The honeymood is over. Metformin is my new man. I want to divorce my insulin but he's clinging on. Ha ha

Reactions: 10 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well, threw all my toys out of the pram - ham rolls, oppo ice cream, crisps. I think that I must pull myself together.

This morning 10.6

bedtime 12.4

So all that junk and it's better than yesterday when I was on a proper diet. Don't get it at all.

Back on the straight and narrow today.
Because you have to low carb for a month before any fbg is reduced. Then after that refuction you can work on liver dumping.
Hun, you are trying it the wrong way round.
Low carb first -for a month. Give it a good period of time, most do it for life.

Reactions: 3 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks debrasue, avoiding carbs and plenty of exercise,eating just enough to avoid putting on weight, i weigh myself daily and try and keep my weight stable,must admit @ molly56 and i did partake of the lovely foods provided t our hotel in Lagos portugal last week,when i got back went straight on one day fast and then on week of 800 cals

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app
Are you on insulin @Clivethedrive ?

kiwifrank

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, Arrogance and warm beer
8.0 this morning..........battling with carb intake i think:(

Reactions: 21 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
7.4 this morning

6.7 bedtime

so this is going in the right direction at last.

Reactions: 18 people