Say It Ain't So; Lidl Discontinue Protein Rolls.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
A Dorset Lidl said they are changing supplier and are running down the existing stock before changing over. Go figure!

S

Shar67

You can buy a carton of egg whites £3 from Tesco, but it is cheaper to buy the eggs and use the yolks to make mayonnaise

UTB2016

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi , i work for lidl in the northeast....i asked my manager and he said ...nope..they aint discontinued as far as he is is aware .....however.....some stores have become what is known as...."reduced range stores"...so it maybe they will be not available in some smaller stores.....fingers crossed your store isnt one of them

ps....ask your store manager if they are a reduced range store...he will tell you eitherway

melliemars

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi , i work for lidl in the northeast....i asked my manager and he said ...nope..they aint discontinued as far as he is is aware .....however.....some stores have become what is known as...."reduced range stores"...so it maybe they will be not available in some smaller stores.....fingers crossed your store isnt one of them

ps....ask your store manager if they are a reduced range store...he will tell you eitherway

OMG I hope so. I buy my rolls from Walkergate Lidl. Don't know what I'd do without them.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I asked the manager in my local store and he said that as far as he is aware there is no plan to discontinue them. Still waiting on a reply from the message I sent them....and waiting....and waiting.....:banghead:

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I've had a reply too -

Unfortunately this item is not available in our stores at the moment and I am unable to provide a specific date for its return. I am hopeful that this will be available in the future. In the meantime, I have passed your interest in this item to our Buying Department for their information.

Does the forum ever run campaigns for things like this?
Think that is their standard reply for anything as that is exactly the same reply word for word I got when they first started to do the rolls but they were not in all stores then I asked when they would be in my local store and they were in it the following week

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A Dorset Lidl said they are changing supplier and are running down the existing stock before changing over. Go figure!
Maybe they have already changed suppliers in some stores and that is why the rolls are smaller

pumas

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My Lidl now has much smaller rolls and they use a different code at the till, used to be 164.