Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Rubbish 7.2 today :arghh: realise I've been a little less controlled recently, need to slap myself back on the right track - speedos on, off to swim myself back into the 5s ;)
No stress thou as counter-productive. Enjoy. This time of year our immune system is working harder too. Give your body a chance to adapt to older weather. ;) You know how temperamental our system is. If for longer than a week I act but not too many times as bg control can become obsessive and put (me) on edge. Slowly, slowly catch thee monkey!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I average 7.8 first thing. Could never understand why sometime it will be 9.0.
6.7 his morning, it all has to do with food, I think. Don't eat before going to bed. At least 3 hours before sleeping. I gave up alcohol and my fasting BG went up! It's levelled out now.
Some can get away with alcohol to better their fbg. I use a nibble of protein as after dinner eventually I start rising again. I'm hugely insulin resistant. Keep experimenting to find what works for you.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
5.8 today, which is a relief as yesterday seemed to be The Day of High Numbers (between 7 and 8.5, which I haven't had for a while). I've no idea what caused it.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Back to 4.8 for me today.

It does seem to be better if I have been to the pub than if I havent......

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
My lowest yet to date at 4.0. Didn't feel unwell or shaky either. :)

Reactions: Tim55

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
10.8 at 4.30 am ..... had some cheese ... 12.5 when I got up at 10.10!!! Will someone please stop the train ride!!!!

Reactions: Tim55

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.8 today, which is a relief as yesterday seemed to be The Day of High Numbers (between 7 and 8.5, which I haven't had for a while). I've no idea what caused it.
Where are you keeping your meter? Cold battery?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
10.8 at 4.30 am ..... had some cheese ... 12.5 when I got up at 10.10!!! Will someone please stop the train ride!!!!
Hun the dawn phenomenon occurs about 3am so your 10.8 is after a dump. If u have cheese about 11pm it could block the dump so less than 10 so on waking less than 12.5 if having a lie in.
Mine is 2mmol/l better with a block.
Your liver definitely thinks your starving. Why? Are you going long periods without food. 7hrs sleep is average so the liver thinks that's too long. A nibble before the start of your 7hrs could help. No use after the dawn dump.
A block on rising is another tip but I don't want to confuse matters. Do one at a time hun. I perfected one then discovered other worked too.
It doesn't work for everyone. It does me thou.
I hope it can help you. Message me if you're unsure as I know I can get carried away.;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.8 this morning.
(BGs are all over the place at the moment, but Arthur Itis is giving me a hard time again at present, so I suppose that's the reason.)
:(
This damp weather @debrasue is the catalyst. I'm thinking of you. Keep covered up even when just damp not cold. Is it your back?

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hun the dawn phenomenon occurs about 3am so your 10.8 is after a dump. If u have cheese about 11pm it could block the dump so less than 10 so on waking less than 12.5 if having a lie in.
Mine is 2mmol/l better with a block.
Your liver definitely thinks your starving. Why? Are you going long periods without food. 7hrs sleep is average so the liver thinks that's too long. A nibble before the start of your 7hrs could help. No use after the dawn dump.
A block on rising is another tip but I don't want to confuse matters. Do one at a time hun. I perfected one then discovered other worked too.
It doesn't work for everyone. It does me thou.
I hope it can help you. Message me if you're unsure as I know I can get carried away.;)
I am having a piece of cheese at 10.00pm I go to bed about 11.15 perhaps I will move the cheese to 11.00pm Perhaps I need to reset my alarm for before 3.00 eurgh!

Reactions: Freema