What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
8/11 - Morning.

9.2 - Forgot to take my Insulin yesterday evening!!:banghead:

Maggie/Magpie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Butternut Squash, Cabbage and confrontation.
I would take a small snack of about 15 carbs before going to bed myself but I tend to err on the high blood glucose side. How long ago did you last eat? When did you take your evening dose of metformin?
Morning,
Got through the night ok, checked my BS at 4.45am it was 6.3 and again when I woke finally at 10am, BS was 6.8 so they obviously (for me anyway) go up over night which seems a little strange! I last ate and took my metformin at 7.30pm last night. Is the rise normal? Arn't they meant to go down?
Maggie

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Morning,
Got through the night ok, checked my BS at 4.45am it was 6.3 and again when I woke finally at 10am, BS was 6.8 so they obviously (for me anyway) go up over night which seems a little strange! I last ate and took my metformin at 7.30pm last night. Is the rise normal? Arn't they meant to go down?
Maggie

Very normal for someone with Type 2 on Metformin. The moderators have asked us to ask questions in another thread of the forum. "Ask a question about diabetes" is a great place. You will get many more answers there. Have a great day.