mark2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
Hi.
I'm new to this forum, although I've been a type 1 diabetic for 16 years, injections.
At the start and for much of that time, my HB1ACs were good but over the last few years, they have been creeping up. I think it's just because I'm just so tired of dealing with it, and I've got a lot going on at the moment. My last Hb1Ac about a month ago was 7.3% which is the worst ever and I have decided to get things back under control.

As a result, I've been reading up on CGM, and I'm pleased to see that things have really progressed in the last few years. It could change everything! And that's how I've discovered this site. I'm posting a new thread in the blood glucose monitoring section..

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
Hi.
I'm new to this forum, although I've been a type 1 diabetic for 16 years, injections.
At the start and for much of that time, my HB1ACs were good but over the last few years, they have been creeping up. I think it's just because I'm just so tired of dealing with it, and I've got a lot going on at the moment. My last Hb1Ac about a month ago was 7.3% which is the worst ever and I have decided to get things back under control.

As a result, I've been reading up on CGM, and I'm pleased to see that things have really progressed in the last few years. It could change everything! And that's how I've discovered this site. I'm posting a new thread in the blood glucose monitoring section..
To me it sounds as if you have regained your positivity again? It's easy to become complacent .. or to go through stages of feeling fed up with it all. I have type 2, but certainly have felt that way too. We need determination to be the best that we are and the healthiest we can be. Fight on .. knowing that you are doing it for YOU. Optimism is catching you know ;)

Reactions: mark2

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Mark. 16 years is quite a long time. I assume you're following (or trying to!) the low-carb route? There seem to be so many people now successfully using CGM.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@mark2. Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've highlighted a problem with your diabetes, although 7.3 is a bit high it definitely isn't that bad for someone 16 yrs fighting the fight.
I'm sure it won't take much to get below 7.
Good luck and keep posting, 16 yrs experience will be invaluable to the forum.

Reactions: noblehead

mark2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
@mark2. Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've highlighted a problem with your diabetes, although 7.3 is a bit high it definitely isn't that bad for someone 16 yrs fighting the fight.
I'm sure it won't take much to get below 7.
Good luck and keep posting, 16 yrs experience will be invaluable to the forum.

@therower
Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I know there's nothing really causing the upward trend, except the complacency which has set in after a while...working on it!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Mark and welcome :)

I think it's just because I'm just so tired of dealing with it, and I've got a lot going on at the moment.

I'm going to tag @catherinecherub as she has a link to some info on Diabetes Burnout which many people on the forum have experienced. Best wishes.

mark2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
Hi Mark. 16 years is quite a long time. I assume you're following (or trying to!) the low-carb route? There seem to be so many people now successfully using CGM.
Hi Daibell. No, I have not tried the low carb diet...initially I was told that I should eat more or less normally but cut out the sugars and rapid carbs and dose the insulin accordingly and exercise. It worked quite well me for quite a while.
If I do manage to get the CGM, it would make it so much easier to get a feeling for the effects of different foods. Edit: And look into the low carb diet ;-) Thanks for the suggestion

mark2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi.

Hello and a big welcome @mark2 :)

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the forum i am sure with your experience and help/encouragement on here you will be able to get it back down.

Reactions: mark2

mark2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
Welcome to the forum i am sure with your experience and help/encouragement on here you will be able to get it back down.
Hi Dan,
Thank you for your kind message. Yes, I know I can correct it and I'm actually being quite rigorous with my regime at the moment. The thing is to keep it up in the long term.

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Dan,
Thank you for your kind message. Yes, I know I can correct it and I'm actually being quite rigorous with my regime at the moment. The thing is to keep it up in the long term.
Totally agree thsts the hardest part. its something im going through atbthe moment as a type 1. i have got a bit too relaxed i think and whilst my levels are ok they could be better