Really happy

Jbicheno

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been for my second diabetes check up with my diabetic nurse. I was quietly confident about my HBa1C results as I check my bg regularly. Since March 2016 I have managed to lose 4.5 stone following the LCHF diet and upping my exercise levels.
My diabetic nurse was amazed at my weight loss and even more amazed that my HBa1C was down to 38 from 45 merely 6 months ago. She has said this puts me firmly in remission. BP 120/70 and described as "spot on". No cholesterol check this time but kidney function was normal.
I feel great and this news has just blown me away.
I can thoroughly recommend the LCHF diet and exercise approach and many thanks to diabetes.co.uk for making the information needed available.

Reactions: Prem51

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Terrific! am so pleased for you that all your hard work has produced such positive results in a fairly short time. :joyful:
Onwards and upwards (or maybe downwards ....?)

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Well done and congratulations! It really does work!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love hearing this! Well done!!! Hope you are feeling well on it?

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow!!! You've done incredibly well. Congratulations. Also, very pleased that the nurse was suitably impressed. Hope your replies to her questions will enlighten her re LCHF for Diabetes :) :) ;)

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
Great result and in such a short time too!
I keep 'attempting' the low carb diet but I'm not a big meat eater so find it hard, having less choice of foods.
I hope to get there one day LOL :)
I am so pleased for you!

Jbicheno

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all for your support and Chasida, don't give up! I feel so well, the best in years.

Reactions: Prem51

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great result and in such a short time too!
I keep 'attempting' the low carb diet but I'm not a big meat eater so find it hard, having less choice of foods.
I hope to get there one day LOL :)
I am so pleased for you!
You don't have to eat lots of meat to do low carb - I find that my usual lunch of tipping salad onto a plate and adding mayonnaise and something I find in the fridge works well - I keep tins in the fridge, as I have two fridges and not much storage space. As I like fish I often do not eat meat more than a couple of times a week. As long as you get enough protein to stave off hunger and supply what you require to maintain your body that is fine. I used to have two shopping lists which I used alternately - it is surprising how having mushrooms in the fridge rather than tomatoes means that you do not become bored with a food - mushroom omelette rather than scramble eggs with tomato seems to be different enough.

Reactions: Chasida and Prem51

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been for my second diabetes check up with my diabetic nurse. I was quietly confident about my HBa1C results as I check my bg regularly. Since March 2016 I have managed to lose 4.5 stone following the LCHF diet and upping my exercise levels.
My diabetic nurse was amazed at my weight loss and even more amazed that my HBa1C was down to 38 from 45 merely 6 months ago. She has said this puts me firmly in remission. BP 120/70 and described as "spot on". No cholesterol check this time but kidney function was normal.
I feel great and this news has just blown me away.
I can thoroughly recommend the LCHF diet and exercise approach and many thanks to diabetes.co.uk for making the information needed available.

Absolutely brilliant ! What a result :)