Possibly the Best Medicine in the World

sixfoot

Having got this far i would like to refer you back to Diabetes Discussion -- Carbs.
A very enlightening thread !! Some serious stuff under discussion. It is all too easy to forget that we are only human, we do and will make mistakes and stumble. One of our strengths is the ability to get over it , its not so big so laugh at it. When we do it releases tension gives a lift and is infectious to those around us . In short we feel better, maybe nothing has changed but we feel better and surely that is the point.

Thanks sugarless for reminding me of that small point :)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Thank for that, sixfoot (if you have six feet that doesn't bode well if you get diabetic neuropathy!)
Any way with so much depression that diabetics are prone too I think trying to keep a sense of humour is essential.Having a weird and wacky one is also useful especially on the days when things look black and gloomy.You know the old saying, 'laugh and the world laughs with you,cry and you cry alone'.Well on here laugh and we all laugh will you,cry and we will be here to help and listen and try and lift your spirits and confusion.

sixfoot

Sue i dont suffer depression but i do pick up from a lot of postings on here that many people are really struggling with a host of difficulties. I suppose i am fortunate in that i have a questioning mind and will make up my own mind ( eventually ).

Dave P

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
sugarless sue said:
Thank for that, sixfoot (if you have six feet that doesn't bode well if you get diabetic neuropathy!)
Not at all. As an entomologist, I can assure that the loss of one foot out of 5 is of little significance for an insect - compared with one of two for a human.

Sweet3x

IanD said:
sugarless sue said:
Not at all. As an entomologist, I can assure that the loss of one foot out of 5 is of little significance for an insect - compared with one of two for a human.

sorry off topic, but ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Not off topic,Sweet3x..Laughter is what this topic is about! :lol:

IrishJoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Fish =p

cool !! what's you're favorite type of bug. I studied a bsc in forensic science and I really like the intro into insects that we did with the regression for the PMI calculations.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
IrishJoe said:

cool !! what's you're favorite type of bug. I studied a bsc in forensic science and I really like the intro into insects that we did with the regression for the PMI calculations.

The Mole Cricket's Last Stand

Gorilla talpa is the king
(I'm glad it hasn't got a sting)
with shovel hands just like a mole
it soon descends deep in its hole.

It loved the damp & fertile soil
but made my father's temper boil
as through the rows of fruitful crops
it ate the roots - you'd see the tops
of carrots, beet and brussel sprouts
just wither like a summer drought.

Our garden was its final home
my father its unwilling slave
he moved - the garden overgrown
became gorilla talpa's grave.

The Mole cricket - Gryllotalpa infested our garden in Sholing, Southampton. Dad did did not realise it was nearly extinct in Britain. That was up to 1958. We moved across the road, & the very well cultivated garden soon became overgrown.

In the 70s conservationists became concerned about this endangered species, and the BBC Natural History Unit came to search for it in the old garden in 1979, without any success. I have the tape of that search- its the only tape I have of Dad's voice. He died the following year.

2248412370_2a00e6c9f6.jpg

Fergus - if you can find one, it will be very low carb. John the baptist enjoyed a diet of locusts, but leave off the wild honey.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Gardening Rule:
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
That is so true! Anyone got any small,portable nuclear devices for dealing with dandelions?

Ashland

Dislikes
Constantly being asked if I'm okay! (does this happen to you?)
You could try that smartprice whisky, it'd probably kill anything.

sixfoot

As much as everyone benefits from contributing to the site, ........... With hind sight i find not contributing especially to the carbs threads can be very theraputic and restfull :D

sixfoot

Dear Suz , Metfartin isnt the only medicine that helps you lose control, laughing too much also carries risks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave P

Spiral

sugarless sue said:
That is so true! Anyone got any small,portable nuclear devices for dealing with dandelions?

We have 3 small and very portable Guinea Pigs. They love dandelions so I have been cultivating them in my lawn. They love them so much that they don't actually grow and we have to pick the leaves and bring them home. Want to borrow them?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Guinea Pigs .........Aaaah !! :D

Don't touch 'em with a bargepole Sue. When my daughter was about 9 yrs old I was persuaded to buy a couple of Guinea Pigs for the princely sum of £4.

All was fine until a couple of years later one of them needed Veterinary treatment. What a shock that was. A bill of £26 !!! More than 5 times the purchase price.

Not so Aaaah........more like Aaaaargh !!! :shock:

Ken.