Lead me not into temptation ....

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Lead me not into temptation and deliver me from profiterols :arghh:

My BG before dinner tonight was 6.5 which I was quite pleased with. Dinner was pretty low carb, -sausages, mushrooms stuffed with soft cheese and a nice veg mash of turnip, carrot, onion and celeriac.
BUT. I'd found a pack of small, white chocolated profiterols we'd bought for Christmas mainly to feed to visitors and defrosted two and scoffed them. They tasted simply gorgeous.
Two hours later my BG had shot up to 10.2 :banghead:

Forgive me my sins for I have strayed.

Dave

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

My BG before dinner tonight was 6.5 which I was quite pleased with. Dinner was pretty low carb, -sausages, mushrooms stuffed with soft cheese and a nice veg mash of turnip, carrot, onion and celeriac.
BUT. I'd found a pack of small, white chocolated profiterols we'd bought for Christmas mainly to feed to visitors and defrosted two and scoffed them. They tasted simply gorgeous.

Dave

Oooops.

If you like that choux, plus cream, plus chocolate yumm-tastic, Tesco do frozen profiteroles, with a choc sauce in the sachet. Personally, I throw away the sachet and just have them without choc sauce, although if you like choc (I've never, ever been fussed about it).

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/prod...gclid=CNakjp-J1NECFYQK0wodroAL1g&gclsrc=aw.ds

The 10gr for 10 profiteroles includes the sauce. I can't think how sweet and sickly it is.

Alternatively, there are alternatives, such as ASDA mini chocolate eclairs which already have the chocolate on. It's very, very, very sweet, but at 46cals and 2.5gr carb each, aside from not caring for the ultra sweetness they could help?

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/prod...gclid=CNakjp-J1NECFYQK0wodroAL1g&gclsrc=aw.ds

The white chocolate will be been high carb, without doubt, and some contain creme patisserie, which is also heavily sweetened.

A couple of years ago, I declared that there was an eclair, in a French patiserie had my name firmly welded to it. When I asked them in my very best franglaise if the cream was fresh, I was informed, with some disdain that they contains creme patissierre. Knowing it would be outrageously sweet I passed. I had only travelled 4500 miles to have it.

Never mind, all the other gastronomic delights on the island were fantastic, so overall, no issue!

Reactions: Prem51 and miahara

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Dave
It happens! At Christmas I was tempted by a piece of Pavlova which I hadn't eaten for years. The one good thing about it was that it was so sweet that I won't bother again!

Reactions: Prem51

blacksmarty1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yep I was that person too. :rolleyes:I have been bringing my fasting numbers back from 8/9s at the beginning of November eating a LCHF diet and have got them back down to mid 5s. Yesterday it was 5.5 and I am very pleased as that is where I like to be. I am not on any meds. I had half a dozen chocolates :hungry: yep I know but they had been calling me all day and I gave in. The best bit is I didn't enjoy them half as much as thought I would, :meh: which is a plus I suppose, but now I have a fasting Bs of 6.3 this morning.:woot: and I have had a bad night sleeping with lots of pain in my kidneys. :nailbiting: So I have to tell myself no matter how yummy I THINK things could be I will always be disappointed in some way so don't go there!!!!