Where can I buy test strips at reasonable price

bluestar

My GP wong prescibe me test strips. I brought some from the phamacy at £25.00. Thats quite expensive. Does anyone have info about this :shock:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Try Ebay.........usually much cheaper.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
You can insist all you like, if the GP won't prescribe them then you have to get them elsewhere. There is no right to test strips, especially if you are diet only as the OP is.

This happens to many people in the UK.

Talos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfriendly people, MP's,
To echo a previous post try Ebay, its where I get mine from :)

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
My Life - Pura sell their strips direct for £14 per 50 delivered via their UK agents gbhealthcare.com if that is any help. You would need to declare diabetes though to get this VAT free price.

endure

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you have an Abbott meter you can buy them direct from Abbott for 15 quid a tub of 50.

brill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Country & Western!
I buy mine from Amazon - Pharmacy Place reseller. About £20 for 50 (Aviva) and they are dead fast delivery - I always leave it very late but they get them to me within 2 days normally - even at Christmas :D .

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
I started off buying my own on Ebay, a lot cheaper than buying in the chemist. I asked my DSN and she said it was okay for me to get them on repeat prescription :mrgreen: I don't know how many I am allowed. Some doctors have restrictions on how many pots you are allowed a year.
What meter are you using? Have a look on the manufacturers website, or give them a ring.