Lantus or Toujeo

ThePQ88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey guys! I am still undecided as to whether to use lantus or Toujeo.

Anyone else use either/or and able to offer any advice? Cheers in advance :)

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
I use lantus. Initially took one dose at bedtime & would then have hypos during sleep, changed to morning injection of lantus which resulted in a.m. highs, lantus ran out after 22.5 hours for me. Now I split my lantus. 8 units @ 7a.m. & 6 units @ 10a.m. & it works well for me. I have never heard of toujeo. X

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Thepq88 hi is toujeo available in uk as like soplewis12 I've never heard of it either I take lantus 50units at bed time been on mine 15yrs not to many problems up till now.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I think toujeo is available in UK as it was considered for me but the Consultant said she had no experience of it!! So I went on to tresiba.
Happy with tresiba.

Mark14400

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
18 units of Lantus in the eve...no problems so far...I hear if you hit a vessel during injection, Lantus can cause hypos...no such issues so far..crossed fingers

tinyfilosofer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wow I take 9 for entire day. You guys take so much lantus? How come such a big diff? If I do 10 I get hypo party whole day.
Agree better in the morning than at night. At least conscious and able to snack every now and then.

Last edited:

KezG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe, most shellfish.. mussels, cockles etc...
I used Lantus at first as my DSN gave me one pen.. when I used up that first pen I was prescribed Toujeo.. I had no problems with either.. I only required smallish doses of 12 units each day tho with 6 units of Novorapid at mealtimes.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would be looking to try both and see what one suits me best.....

I only ever took Lantus back in 2010 but it didn't last 24 hours so I moved onto a split Levemir until the pump came along...