HBA1C from 86(9.9) to 52(7) with the libre!!

daisymj14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so happy to say I've had my HBA1c back today and what a difference 6 months can make.

86(9.9) to 52(7) in just 6 months using the freestyle libre and an amazing support network on here.

I'm feeling empowered, and grateful to you all for your advice on here.

The libre has definitely been worth the money for me and I can't be without it now.

I've been quieter on here recently, but if anyone wants to get in touch for a chat or to share their frustrations then please do

Much love to everyone xxx

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Fabulous news @daisymj14 - well done.

Just goes to show that the investment is well worth the results ;)

Reactions: AM1874

linda_b

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so happy to say I've had my HBA1c back today and what a difference 6 months can make.

86(9.9) to 52(7) in just 6 months using the freestyle libre and an amazing support network on here.

I'm feeling empowered, and grateful to you all for your advice on here.

The libre has definitely been worth the money for me and I can't be without it now.

I've been quieter on here recently, but if anyone wants to get in touch for a chat or to share their frustrations then please do

Much love to everyone xxx

Well done Daisy! I've been on the Libre two months and I love it! My HbA1C has gone down from 8 to 6.5 first time in 25 years it's actually where it's supposed to be! Fingers crossed we're on to good constant readings!!

Reactions: Snapsy

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Awesome work @daisymj14, I'm sure you also put a lot of work in there so make sure to give yourself plenty of credit.

The Libre is a great tool and a great help for finding some of those patterns.

Looking forward to what you can do in the next 6 months now :)

/A

Reactions: col101

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very well done
I echo the sentiment that a lot will down to you and your own efforts, don't neglect to post yourself on the back

Just_Me_Rachel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Fish
This is both touching for me to read and gives me a ray of hope. My A1C is at a 9.2 and I'm struggling very much to control. I'm considering purchasing the Libra or G5 although I understand it's not everything. I've also had diabetes many years, coming up to 20 in a few. I'll take any hope I can get!

isjoberg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This is both touching for me to read and gives me a ray of hope. My A1C is at a 9.2 and I'm struggling very much to control. I'm considering purchasing the Libra or G5 although I understand it's not everything. I've also had diabetes many years, coming up to 20 in a few. I'll take any hope I can get!
Hi! I was in the exact same position as you until I got my libre, really struggling to get my hb1ac under 9, now I've got to 6.9! It really made me interested in my diabetes again and I started reading and learning more about it as a result. Have been diabetic for 20 years and it's not been great but the libre really changed things, especially how I interpret what my bg is doing. Feel free to message if you want to ask more questions!