Frustrated

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Everyone

Just had my second big hypo in 2 days and I am thoroughly peeved. This disease is at times the most energy sucking, frustrating, rage inducing thing I have to deal with and I just want to curl up into a big ball and cry. But I won't. I just hate it some days! I miscalculated carbs in food two days in a row so it's my fault but honestly if i could swear on here I would!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Swear under your breath. I do,sometimes. If Type 1 was a person, his/her ears would be burning!

Don't dwell on it. Concentrate on how strong you are to get through all this diabetes ****. X

Robkww

Hat off to all those who have to deal with insulin injections and their complications - another world.

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes saying any word with enough venom can be equally cathartic.

"Fudge" is frequently heard when I have stubbed my toe or similar.

Reactions: Medusa41 and Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I have pretty much taken to just using the phrase 'next' when getting it wrong.. At least your amongst a ready made appreciation society here @Lynz84

Good luck with the twins tonight, will be a breeze in comparison ;)

Reactions: azure

Vaper

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being in control
I've been diagnosed only a year and only just correctly diagnosed as type 1 not type 2, so new on the basal bolus regime and it is so frustrating, had my first servere hypo a few days ago 1.7mmol scared the he'll out of me the only positive I can take from it was the chance to stuff my face with star bars and jaffa cakes how I've missed them. Hang in there were all in this club together

Reactions: Juicyj and azure

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank u everyone!! Sugars are swinging every which way they can grrr! And yes twins are very hard work....parents of twins and babies with colic deserve a medal!x

Reactions: Juicyj

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
All I can I say is I feel your pain but it makes me feel normal.

I need to be low carb or I can't get bs right.
I have pretty much taken to just using the phrase 'next' when getting it wrong.. At least your amongst a ready made appreciation society here @Lynz84

Good luck with the twins tonight, will be a breeze in comparison ;)
I love it. NEXT. I used oops but next is better !!!!

Reactions: Juicyj

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've been diagnosed only a year and only just correctly diagnosed as type 1 not type 2, so new on the basal bolus regime and it is so frustrating, had my first servere hypo a few days ago 1.7mmol scared the he'll out of me the only positive I can take from it was the chance to stuff my face with star bars and jaffa cakes how I've missed them. Hang in there were all in this club together
Thanks Vaper. Hope you recovered from your severe hypo! They are very scary but only happen on a rare occasion thank goodness!