Surgery not providing results - anyone else with this issue?

JenniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It is in Hinkley Leicestershire
Hi

My surgery won't give me results so I cannot chart progress or no progress - I am getting crosser the more I read and it seems other surgeries do share this vital info with patients - going to book another apt with Dr (3 week wait) and demand my results! Fingers crossed - so glad for sites and contributors like this. If you did not exist I would have carried on with my old ways and continued to worsen. thank you one and all.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All English surgeries were told to have test results on-line by April 2016 by NHS England.

It seems a few are behind with this. This quote is from a July 2016 press release from NHS England

Official figures reveal that over 95% of GP practices are now set up to offer online access to detailed GP records including test results and diagnoses as well as referrals, immunisations, procedures and medications history. This is up from just 3% of practices in January this year.

Reactions: zand

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I am getting crosser the more I read and it seems other surgeries do share this vital info with patients

From NHS Choices: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/records/healthrecords/Pages/what_to_do.aspx

How to access your GP record

Some GPs have given online access to their patients’ GP records for some time. From April 2015 all GPs should give their patients online access to summary information in their records. This is part of the drive to provide more GP online services to patients. It should give you more control of your health and well-being, especially if you are managing a condition that needs regular monitoring and frequent prescriptions.

No need to get cross, print the URL off and attach a nice request for access to YOUR data.

Reactions: zand

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
As yet my surgery Don, t have access to test results etc online.
The surgery say to phone in the afternoons for test results.
Fair enough as the surgery is busier in the mornings, but frequently when I have called in the afternoon, I can be waiting over 5 minutes for anyone to answer the phone.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to ask whether your surgery has any online system and if they do to add you to be able to access your results as well. As others have said surgeries should now be offering this so ask when the system will be available to you and push a bit.

Reactions: Bluetit1802