Anyone here got/used an Accuchek Performa Nano?

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey all
So if there is anything these last two months, with now 3 of the last 4 Libre Sensors failing, has taught me... I need to have a finger-stabbing back up to be able to go into bat with the Abbott muppets next time I have a sensor start playing up by going low and never shifting.

I did Accuchek’s little quizzling and it recommended the above as the best for a T2 currently on medication only. While I reduced an A1C from 111 to 59 with the help of the Libre, it is still far too high, and with the current short-date issues I have been experiencing, I think only relying on the Libre has revealed the company’s quite considerable short-comings. Finger pricking for a journalist is not ideal, but as the lovely @DCUKMod pointed out to me... it puts me in a far better position to push Abbott’s for replacements when (note not if) their sensors go wonky. You live, and learn!

I am 99.9% sure I am not in a state of permanent hypo, and not in a position to get hold of this puppy until I finally get home from hopefully last travels of the year, but keen to know if any fellow T2s have used this... I especially need something that is small and mobile as I already have to cart around a pill wallet, Libre spares and normally pack a supplemental bag of meds, creams, barrier sprays and allergy gubbins to fend off skin irritation by the sensor adhesive!

Thanks in advance.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @RFSMarch . Can't really help with your question. My meter is quite big, but suits me fine.
One suggestion is that you may also want to post this in the type 1 forum. A lot of type1's use a lot of different meters and you may get more options/ opinions.
Good luck.

Reactions: 9893973788

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @RFSMarch . Can't really help with your question. My meter is quite big, but suits me fine.
One suggestion is that you may also want to post this in the type 1 forum. A lot of type1's use a lot of different meters and you may get more options/ opinions.
Good luck.
Hi thanks... hmm already feeling a bit bruised from various T1s throwing mud so... might have to wait until a cheeky glass of wine in the media Centre tonight to get up some Dutch courage.

Kingmob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've used an Accu-chek Nano, as well as the SD Codefree and Accu-Chek Mobile devices. I found results general consistent across all three devices with the SD Codefree perhaps giving slightly higher readings. The nano is small and the accu-chek fastclix lancing device works great. Comes with a decent case, display is great and been trouble free so far.

Currently using the Accu-chek mobile but would be more than content with the nano. Ignoring the cost of supplies, I find the mobile is a bit more convenient for me, it's larger but having 50 tests on a cartridge means I'm not finding used strips constantly at the bottom of my bag and being able to plug into a laptop via USB and view reports without installing anything is handy (although not essential). Also like how the fast-clix lancing device clips on the side, so just a single device to grab.

The SD codefree is also worth considering, price for supplies is great, it's a bit bigger than the nano but I find it's still discreet. Again, comes with a reasonable case and can be connected to a computer via a special cable (although believe needs software installed).

Reactions: RFSMarch

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@RFSMarch . Fully understand. If you decide to visit, tell them I invited you. :):):)
You could also try the blood glucose monitoring forum, that's not type specific.

Reactions: RFSMarch

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @RFSMarch ,

I would concur with @Kingmob 's assessment on the Accu-Chek Mobile..
I have traveled with it myself, (in a touring band.) & find I can deftly test one handed. Leaving the other hand free for inpalment & the associated blood letting..
No strip disposal & the fast clix lancets can rotate for quick change in a handy 6 to a barrel barrel finger pricker attached to the side of the meter..

Some info here. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose-meters/accu-chek-mobile.html

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers @Kingmob & @Jaylee - in fact the Mobile was the first one I looked at in a giant Boots before someone recommended the Libre to me... because I fancied having something specifically suited to being on the road. I know for a fact the huge Boots in my home town has that one and I want to have a good look-see before I order on.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Strips aren't too expensive although the SD Codefree would be cheaper to run long term.
Especially if you use the discount codes that are freely available on the site.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Update: So it was a semi-infuriating call with a CS rep that probably shouldn't be any where near the public... but

Explained I had gone straight to Libre on diagnosis, no issues until recently etc etc
Three times I had to tell him I had no comparisons with blood tests, that I was nowhere where I could get access to one, and had to prioritise what could be delivered to home for me to pick up in about a week's time (was intending to phone in my sensor order today anyway)

I told him I had looked at a couple of kits and was intending to buy one suitable enough to be portable around the world, as that is my main consideration. He kept insisting that I could only do a comparison with theirs. In the end he decided he would send me a Freestyle Optium kit free of charge, but it will go out next week when I am back home, and the order of sensors has gone in so depending on their current delivery bobbins it is anyone's guess when that will arrive.

A valuable lesson learned and I think perhaps an appoint with a different GP to mine who has refused point blank to even prescribe for blood-letting (never mind new fangled technology)... I need to see them anyway for the skin burns caused by the last few sensors.