The Accu-Chek Mobile was first introduced in 2010 and provided users with the chance to take a blood test without needing to hold a set of additional loose supplies.
In 2012, the Accu-Chek Mobile was updated to be slimmer and even easier to use – and has several awards to its name to boot.
The meter also meets the 2013 ISO standards for blood glucose meter accuracy.
Anyone who blood tests is familiar with having to carry not only the meter itself, but a lancing device, lancets and a pot of sensors but with this machine Accu-chek makes testing a much more “mobile” experience (hence the name).
This enables you to leave the house with just your Accu-Chek Mobile in your jacket pocket or bag and have everything you need to monitor your blood glucose levels.
Additional features include:
- 7, 14, 30 and 90 day averages
- Meal tags for marking ‘before meal’, ‘after meal’ or ‘other’ tests
- Up to 7 standard reminder alarms can be set up to regularly remind you to test
- Up to 3 ‘once only’ reminders can also be set up
Incorporating a detachable FastClix lancing device (which operates using a drum of six lancets, each of which retracts back into the mechanism, therefore making accidental finger pricks impossible).
As well as being safer, it is quicker too, as the lancet drum is replaced after 6 tests rather than after every test.
Using unique technology, the blood glucose testing is done on a strip of reactive tape on a cassette.
Blood glucose tests can be performed in just 4 simple tests:
- Open the cover
- Take a blood sample
- Apply blood to the test sensor
- Read the result and close the cover
Each removable cassette can handle 50 tests and tells you how many tests are left after each time you turn on and turn off the meter.
You can leave the house just carrying the machine and nothing else.
Cassettes and Fastclix lancet drums are available on prescription.
Winner of the Red Dot Design Award
The Accu-Chek Mobile has won two consecutive Red Dot Design awards, in 2011 and 2012, for its innovative and intuitive design and overall quality.
Accu Chek Mobile Technical Information
- Blood sample size: 0.3 micolitres (min) to 5.0 microlitres (max)
- Time for result: 5 seconds
- Memory: 2000 test memory
- Averages: 7, 14, 30 and 90 days
- Dimensions: 121 x 63 x 20 mm (with attached lancing device)
- Weight: 129g (including lancing device, test cassette and lancing device)
- Batteries: Two AAA batteries
- Battery life: Approximately 500 tests or approximately 1 year
- Data: Works with Accu-Chek Smart Pix technology
- Temperature: 10° to 40° C
- Humidity: 15% to 85% relative humidity
- Temperature without batteries: -25° to 70° C
- Temperature with batteries: -10° to 50° C
- Temperature with batteries and cassette: 2° to 30° C
- Humidity: 15% to 93% relative humidity