What about this?

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Just come across this. The highest price starts from £26 quid for 14 Pizza base's but also can be used for make toasties, wraps etc. It is called Lo-Do..It is already cooked. You can buy 2 for £5.00..If they are large enough perhaps can cut them in half. It has all the information on ingredients, and carb levels etc on the website. Free delivery to the UK..I am going to order the 5 quid ones just to see what they are like. Here is the link....https://lodough.co/collections/shop

Reactions: waterlily2

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Been discussed a few times.

Mainly with "How ***************** much????????"

Still going for the Lidl rolls at about 28p each, myself.

Reactions: Arlmy

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never really seen the point of pizza except as a cheap filler - when it isn't even cheap - why go there?

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've never really seen the point of pizza except as a cheap filler - when it isn't even cheap - why go there?
My question is, after having read the ingredients, bran is cheap, eggs are cheap, so is yeast and salt, why you can't make the dough yourself?
Pizza, made with good ingredients isn't normally so cheap, if you are searching the lowest bidder of course you'll find awful toppings, but if you find the right combination of good quality ingredients, a capable cook and a good oven, and you'll eat the pizza when just cooked, it's another experience.

Reactions: Robbity

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
The price puts me off more than anything. I'm also a recent convert to Fathead Pizza, which is delicious and costs a fraction of the price

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
61F05E23-9E8C-4A03-8414-B113AC89F408.jpeg
I have just one word “Fathead”! :hungry:

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Been discussed a few times.

Mainly with "How ***************** much????????"

Still going for the Lidl rolls at about 28p each, myself.
I do not have a lidl's in my area

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You do not have to have it as a Pizza, they are quite versatile with a bit of imagination. You can even make a pie with them

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My question is, after having read the ingredients, bran is cheap, eggs are cheap, so is yeast and salt, why you can't make the dough yourself?
Pizza, made with good ingredients isn't normally so cheap, if you are searching the lowest bidder of course you'll find awful toppings, but if you find the right combination of good quality ingredients, a capable cook and a good oven, and you'll eat the pizza when just cooked, it's another experience.
If you have a family like me who eat different foods,sometimes, just sometimes it is nice to be able for me to have something at hand. I cook 3 different meals a nigh,maybe you do not

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fathead Pizza? Really? calories without the toppings....
Calories in fathead Pizza
Fathead Pizza Net Carbs Crust Only - Fathead Pizza
Calories 194 Sodium
Total Fat 16 g Potassium
Saturated 54 g Total Carbs
Polyunsaturated 1 g Dietary Fiber
Monounsaturated 3 g Sugars

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fathead Pizza? Really? calories without the toppings....
Calories in fathead Pizza
Fathead Pizza Net Carbs Crust Only - Fathead Pizza
Calories 194 Sodium
Total Fat 16 g Potassium
Saturated 54 g Total Carbs
Polyunsaturated 1 g Dietary Fiber
Monounsaturated 3 g Sugars
You do have to count calories also. The calories for the lo-do is so much lower

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I just thought that maybe somebody would be interested...silly me

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you have a family like me who eat different foods,sometimes, just sometimes it is nice to be able for me to have something at hand. I cook 3 different meals a nigh,maybe you do not
I know that if they're selling at a way higher price than the raw food it's also for the convenience.
It's like a precut salad that costs 10x regular one, but one has the big advantage that one doesn't have to wash, cut an do on - normally I buy it for the lunch a the office. But for the dinner I buy the normal one.ù

ObscureMH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@derry60 I've tried them, and whilst expensive they make a decent, nice and thin pizza base. I used it for home made pizza for my son and me (he's not diabetic ) as something we can share. As you say sometimes you just want the same as rest of family. I've got a few in cupboard on standby.
They are too expensive, and not keen on them raw though, so will be for the occasional pizza for me. Tasty LCHF meal - especially the amount of meat toppings I use (with peppers, onions and shrooms of course )!!

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@derry60 I've tried them, and whilst expensive they make a decent, nice and thin pizza base. I used it for home made pizza for my son and me (he's not diabetic ) as something we can share. As you say sometimes you just want the same as rest of family. I've got a few in cupboard on standby.
They are too expensive, and not keen on them raw though, so will be for the occasional pizza for me. Tasty LCHF meal - especially the amount of meat toppings I use (with peppers, onions and shrooms of course )!!
Yes I could not afford to buy them on a regular basis, but nice for me as a treat when other members of the family have a small pizza. Are they large? Wondered if half of one would make a nice decent size base for toppings as a pizza? That way would last longer with a big side salad