Which fingers are best to use being a T2

0firefly1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, celery, muesli, to name a few
Which fingers are best to use being a T2, are they different for a T1?
I get better blood letting from my ring and little pinky, then my first two.

Chris

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use all my fingers on a rotational basis and sometimes even thumbs..
I think that blood should be the same whichever finger it comes from.

0firefly1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, celery, muesli, to name a few
thank you bulkbiker, that's what I was thinking, it was just the way my T1 was saying it, him being a T1 for a large chunk of his life and now his 18 yr old is a T1 as well

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also use all my fingers and try to rotate them although I often forget where I am up to in the rotation. I also use my thumbs and find them the easiest. There is no reason why it should make any difference, T1 or T2. It is all the same blood in every finger!

D

Deleted Account

I also use all my fingers and try to rotate them although I often forget where I am up to in the rotation. !
I have a little method to remember my rotation
- left hand odd numbered dates
- right hand even numbered dates
Then I split the day into four separated by meals and sleep and dedicate a finger to each part of the ... so little finger for breakfast, ring finger for lunch, etc.
I rarely use my thumbs. I lose them as “backup” if a finger gets sore ... or I trap one in a car door (yes, I did).

Reactions: Bluetit1802

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a little method to remember my rotation
- left hand odd numbered dates
- right hand even numbered dates
Then I split the day into four separated by meals and sleep and dedicate a finger to each part of the ... so little finger for breakfast, ring finger for lunch, etc.
I rarely use my thumbs. I lose them as “backup” if a finger gets sore ... or I trap one in a car door (yes, I did).
Spookily similar to me .. start out at little finger and work my way in.. as I usually only test 3-4 times a day (FBG then after lunch before and after dinner) inside and outside of fingers noted each time and recorded on spreadsheet.. creature of habit.. me? hehe:)

Reactions: Kim Possible

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any fingers as long as they are your own.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use mainly my thumbs, index and middle fingers on rotation. I find that although they bleed more easily my ring and little fingers hurt more so I avoid them.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whichever hurts the least and gives a good drop of blood, alternating between hands to stop the build up of a callous. For me thats my little fingers

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use all except thumbs. Has anyone used an ear lobe?

Not on myself but during my 36yrs nursing I only ever had two patients that asked me to use their ear lobes!

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use a method of starting with the right hand, pricking the left side of fingers, moving from index finger to little finger, then do same for left hand.

I then start with the right side of fingers one at a time moving through one hand to the next.