Injection site on stomach

TheMiziko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello everyone !
So, I have a question regarding Infusion sets (Currently I use Sure-T 6mm), and how they work when I do then on my stomach.

I'm pretty lean person, with very low fat%, especially in this specific place.
I pretty much used front of my legs, and some places on my back, above the buttocks for past 14 years, and now I need to seriously find some alternate places (yes, my diabetician said everything will be ok, that's why I was using this same places for so long, that's Poland for you)

I've tried to use my stomach, but it hurts even more, if not 4x than normal, and since I already have issues with inflammation and small amounts of yellow liquid coming out of my scars after 1.5 days of wearing infusion sets anyways, you probably can imagine that it's even worst on my belly. The infusion sets probably would not even last 8 hours

So, what are my options ? What am I doing wrong ? Is there any way I can make it work, or is it just that my muscles are pushing the infusion set too much and I can't use my belly ? or maybe I can somehow prevent it ?

Here are photos of how it more or less looks, and where I'm usually injecting them
20180418_172546.jpg 20180418_172542.jpg

I would appreciate any feedback and propositions :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I was pretty much same as you with stomach as I am lean.. but less muscular nowadays... my sets were blocking up immediately... and going extremely high within 5 hours.
For me though, this was everywhere.. not just my stomach.

In the end after 3 different pumps and numerous different cannulas then it was agreed I should go back to MDI..

Been back on MDI 3 years now. To be honest I dont miss the pump at all...

Hope somebody can have better help than me, but just letting you know my own experiences..

Reactions: TheMiziko

TheMiziko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was pretty much same as you with stomach as I am lean.. but less muscular nowadays... my sets were blocking up immediately... and going extremely high within 5 hours.
For me though, this was everywhere.. not just my stomach.

In the end after 3 different pumps and numerous different cannulas then it was agreed I should go back to MDI..

Been back on MDI 3 years now. To be honest I dont miss the pump at all...

Hope somebody can have better help than me, but just letting you know my own experiences..

Well, that's not encouraging. Unfortunately I also have Turner's syndrome which makes it impossible for me to manage my diabetes without insulin pump and CGM :/ My doctor took me off MDI immediately. I also tried silhouettes and various types of cannulas

Thank you so much for your reply and explaining your situation ! The more information I gather the better ;) I appreciate the honesty

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @TheMiziko I use sure t’s too and have had some issues around my tum so have tried a few other sites and it really is trial and error, so tops of buttocks, thighs and even lower chest which oddly enough has been ok, I tend to find if I have an issue with a site i’ll know within a few hours so will do a bolus correction with a pen whilst I do another cannula change. Backs of arms should also be ok as there is a fair amount of fat there just ensure your tubing length is long enough to reach !