breakfast cereals

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
I have not looked at carbs for shredded wheat, i know the mini shreddes are higher and spike me

I try something then test if its ok will eat 2nd time
I have shredded wheat with hot milk & cinnamon most days
find this keeps me pretty well level until lunch when working used to have two SW,
Now a lazy sod due to accident ,only have one.

Link
annecollins.com/dietary-carbs/carbs-cereal.htm
Bob

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure on the carbs but sugar wise I've found that tesco's own version of special K with berries is one of the lowest that still has some taste to it. I don't test all the time buy when I have tested that when I wake I 'm high but 2 hour.s after breakfast I'm lower than before.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
The lowest Sue could find was Flax Z Snax Hot Cereal (Formerly Flax-O-Meal).

Depending on the flavour the carbs value ranges from 2 - 6g per 100g. No.....it isn't a misprint !

Much less than many cereals you will find.........Google it for information.

DeafDiabetic

Interesting thread!

Can anybody please advise me where I might be able to buy this Flax 2 Snax Hot Cereal? I've looked at my local Waitroses's but they don't seem to stock them. Just thought if I could get hold of this I'd try it out to alternate with my Shredded Wheat and Porridge (not at the same time, I hasten to add!).

On another note, would'nt it be nice if the manufacturers made small "sample" packets for us to try out - especially with new products? This must be better than buying a large packet, trying it out and not liking it thus a waste of money and in the bin it goes.....

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
DD.
The only place I have seen the Flax 2 Snax Hot Cereal was on an American website. They do offer shipping to the UK although it probably costs an 'arm and a leg !' Maybe some of the low carb food websites have it or something similar. Try a Net search.......

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DD Please dont bin the cereals you can recycle them by feeding them to the birds :lol:
CAROL