Type 2: First Retinopathy Result

AllieRainbow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought I would share some good news I got today, as I know some people find it hard reading posts about the difficulties we face as people with diabetes.

I got my letter with the results for my retinopathy examination today, and felt rather apprehensive when opening it.

One of my biggest fears is going blind. My Dad has been blind for some years, and although he doesn't let it hold him back has dealt with it remarkably well, and even made it a positive by getting involved with local charities and expanding his social circle. I have also seen the negative impact it has had on him and Mum, who is his carer and has health issues of her own to deal with.

To my relief, the result was NORMAL!

This has certainly allayed some of my fears, and I am doing all I can to lower and control my blood sugars, get to a healthy weight, and find better ways to manage my stress than emotional eating.

I am again so very thankful that I found this forum before I even got my diagnosis so I could learn from other members and start to make changes to my diet and lifestyle to manage my condition.

Reactions: xfieldok

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That is such good news and a load off your mind, I bet. Well done You!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew delighted for you I hate opening any results envelopes but this one for you was harder because of your dads health issues. If you get your numbers down those in the future are more likely to be normal too.

Mazza71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people, being in constant pain,
Great news AllieRainbow ,I've always had mixed results over the years but my last 2 have been normal.keep up the good work :happy: