40 Years Wed...

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Probably not the place to post this but today is our ruby wedding anniversary and I am preparing a low carb(ish) meal with some of our favourite dishes from over the years; starting with a prawn and avocado cocktail (sauce made with homemade mayo with a squirt of tomato paste and a squirt of lime juice). Then its sauteed chicken with griddled asparagus, topped with mozzarella and tomato and a cream sauce, served with a rocket and parmesan salad. Dessert the low carb chocolate cake from the Diet Doctor website (I have made a very small cake!), with homemade vanilla icecream (made with cream, cream cheese, egg yolks, vanilla paste, and a little liquid stevia) and some raspberries. I'll be having a pre-dinner G&T and will be washing all this down with prosecco.

I have been fasting since 8pm last evening and I doubt I will be in calorie deficit today but I don't care! However I will be checking my BG pre-G&T and 2 hours after - and I might or might not be posting the readings...

~Heath

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A celebration should be just that, so forget the bg for one day, you have planned a delicious and thoughtful meal to be enjoyed, so go and enjoy it, calories can always be worked off afterwards. ;)
Thank you very much!!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
'We've been together now for forty years and it don't seem a day too much'

Congratulations on your Ruby Wedding Anniversary @liarsdance! Enjoy the day and your celebration meal, it sounds delicious! :)

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations.

Attachments

• ruby wedding.jpg
    ruby wedding.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 262
Reactions: Goonergal
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Probably not the place to post this but today is our ruby wedding anniversary and I am preparing a low carb(ish) meal with some of our favourite dishes from over the years; starting with a prawn and avocado cocktail (sauce made with homemade mayo with a squirt of tomato paste and a squirt of lime juice). Then its sauteed chicken with griddled asparagus, topped with mozzarella and tomato and a cream sauce, served with a rocket and parmesan salad. Dessert the low carb chocolate cake from the Diet Doctor website (I have made a very small cake!), with homemade vanilla icecream (made with cream, cream cheese, egg yolks, vanilla paste, and a little liquid stevia) and some raspberries. I'll be having a pre-dinner G&T and will be washing all this down with prosecco.

I have been fasting since 8pm last evening and I doubt I will be in calorie deficit today but I don't care! However I will be checking my BG pre-G&T and 2 hours after - and I might or might not be posting the readings...

~Heath

Congratulations to you both and whatever you do or eat, just enjoy your special day.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Congratulations.

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A celebration should be just that, so forget the bg for one day, you have planned a delicious and thoughtful meal to be enjoyed, so go and enjoy it, calories can always be worked off afterwards. ;)
thank you very much!