What To Eat For Breakfast

Type of diabetes
Type 2
T2 insulin humulin I dependent tried ordinary porridge oats, cornflakes and low sugar muesli but spike up to 13 and not dropping until an hour before lunchtime.

Your breakfast menus please

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do not take insulin so my choices may well not be appropriate for you.
I find that breakfast is the meal where my body is the most reactive to carbs - some foods that spike me then do not do so later in the day so I tend to limit breakfast to a cup of coffee most days and have my first meal late morning / lunchtime.
If I do eat breakfast, then eggs or one of these bars / brownies are my go to’s
https://www.adonis-foods.com/

M

Moggely

Good old bacon and eggs. Or sausage and egg . I'm trying Rachox's coconut porridge tomorrow morning. Have been waiting all week to get all the ingredients.:singing:

Reactions: Rachox

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee with cream and tea with lactofree milk. Nothing solid until lunch at the earliest.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Bulletproof coffee (probably not enough when insulin dependant) or omelette with cheddar and mushrooms or Keto porridge or scrambled eggs with Boursin or a good ol' fry up without the toast. And bacon, lots of bacon!

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A quadruple espresso is usually enough to get me going most mornings.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greek yogurt & berries, boiled eggs, mushroom omelette, avocado & bacon.

Reactions: Sprocket 2

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today: a slice of Livlife low carb bread with lashings of butter and some bargain offer smoked salmon paté, four lovely fat cherries, and coffee with extra thick cream and a little truvia, and virtually no change in glucose level.:joyful: But my breakfast can vary from simply a drink of water or coffee and cream to whatever low carb food I fancy or can find in the fridge. You don't have to eat a "traditonal" meal!

Robbity