Has Anyone Tried Glucomannan To Help Weight Loss?

Nemz7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just wondered if anyone had tried it and what affects it had on their blood sugars? Really struggling to loose weight on my second attempt at eating low carb.

colin2018

I’ve not heard of it but I’m trying to lose weight too and on a low carb diet., it’s working for me altho slowly but I want to lose 2 stone before Christmas and get back in to shape any help would be good., where did you find glucomannan? Is it available in the shops

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I lost weight it was after getting back to normal BG levels, and it just went - it is, many suspect, a symptom not a cure.

Siorac99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
If you are taking medication, be extra careful. I have found that despite my diet, my BG level was higher than expected so I did a little research and found this article:
(The page does not allow me to link the page so just Google "webmd glucomannan")
It says, that glucomannan lowers blood sugar. However, it also says that glucomannan decreases the amount of medication your body absorbs.
So instead of taking glucomannan together with Metformin, I have taken it an hour later and it resolved the problem.
It isn't a very good solution though... Metformin should be taken after food. Glucomannan should be taken before food...