Help....

TracyA

Dislikes
Liars and ignorant people.
Hi,my Diabetes is usually under control,but I came over feeling dizzy just now so did my blood readings and it is 17.3,did it again and its still the same.Ive not eaten anything that I dont usually,I did have a glass of diet coke,but again that isnt unusual for me.Im actualy quite worried. :?

roxy44

not sure what to say, mine dont go that high, maybe keep taking it till it comes down, and rest till it does, and of course ring NHS direct if your really worried.

hope someone else comes along soon with better advice x

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Can you be sure 100% that it was diet coke, :roll:

millymole

Tracey, have you checked your meter is functioning correctly? check the test strjps are in date run a test using the control solution.
Are you coming down with something like a bug or virus? Do keep drinking plenty, a pint of water every hour then test again in a couple of hours.
If things dont improve its time to call the HCPs.
Be safe.
MM

TracyA

Dislikes
Thank you,no I cant be sure that it was the coke,but dont know what else it could be. :?
I dont feel ill,touch wood rarely do get ill.Hope I didnt just tempt fate.......
Meter is working fine,test strips are in date,did hubbys sugars and his are normal.They are coming down slowly,now at 13.8,will drink lots of water.Thanks guys can always rely on this forum for info and advice. :O)

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I think what Bowell meant was that if you got the coke from a pub, it's usually from a pump straight into the glass, if the staf pressed the wrong button you could of got the full whack sugar coke. But, good to hear it's coming down & depending what part of Kent you're from Herne Bay hospital at top of Mickleburgh Hill are where the out of hours doctors are based (candoc I think it's still called)

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Bowell meant was that if you got the coke from a pub, it's usually from a pump straight into the glass, if the staf pressed the wrong button you could of got the full whack sugar

Bang on Gappy need to made myself more clear next time :oops:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Gappy said:
I think what Bowell meant was that if you got the coke from a pub, it's usually from a pump straight into the glass, if the staf pressed the wrong button you could of got the full whack sugar coke. But, good to hear it's coming down & depending what part of Kent you're from Herne Bay hospital at top of Mickleburgh Hill are where the out of hours doctors are based (candoc I think it's still called)

This can be so frustrating and the reason why I don't drink Coke from a pump, there's been stories on the forum before where full sugar coke has been attached to the diet coke line, I order cans or bottles with a glass.

Plesed your bg is coming down Tracey! :)

Nigel

TracyA

Dislikes
Oh duhhhh sorry lol.
Im from Sunny Gillingham,ours is Medocc,but thankfully they werent needed as my bg is now 5.9 woohooo.Im still at a loss as to what made them rise so much.Can certain painkillers do that?Im having to take Ibrufen for 5 days,but other than that Im stumped. :)

farmerpalmer

Did you forget to inject? I have done that sometimes, and then have an "unexplained" level of 18 or more, and then when I track it back I realise I've forgotten to. It happens sometimes.