Spirit Healthcare Free Monitor

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re: Free Montitor

oh I never got that - how strange?? - I just put member of public in the drop down box and in the message bit "please could you send me a free meter"

kjt57

lovinglife said:
Do you mean the drop down box called enquiry type? - I've just tried it and it worked fine - may be give it another go

Very strange, still not working on my laptop, but I used my wife`s and it was fine! :?

Gratope

Dislikes
Snobs, PC brigade ( Stupid rules and regs )

Thanks for the advice Sid Bonkers. I think you are right. The spot of blood may have been to small as only half of the absorbtion piece was covered each time. I will adjust the depth for lancet. Thanks everyone, especially Mehdave. :D

kjt57

The customer service at Spirit-Healthcare seams very good. When I was having trouble last night with the drop down menu on their contact page and could not order, I put a post on their Facebook page. After this I used my wife`s laptop and ordered my free meter OK, must have been a problem with my laptop. Within an hour I had a reply from them on Facebook apologising for the problem on their contact page, but they had now had my request and would post first thing on Monday. I replied saying it was a problem with my computer not there site and had a thank you reply back.
I also sent an email to their shop page asking about VAT. The replywas, All the prices listed are VAT free, they only add the VAT afterwards if you are not a Diabetic.
As I have to pay for strips it seems a good price, £12.45 for 50. Not sure of postage cost but will order some extra strips and a free software and cable later ant let you know.......

Funky Mum

I've just ordered some things and postage was £4.99. Nothing else was added to the price and the usb cable was free.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.

I asked for two last night, one for my mum and one for myself, haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they got my order and they'll post them next week.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Received the two today I asked for last week, tried it a few times today. Apart from not having the 2 hour alarm function of my other one, it is just as good. Both mum and me had problems after a few months with the ones we used till now, hopefully we won't have the same problems with these as well.

I'm going to ask the other supplier to change ours and keep them as spares just in case anything happens to the ones we got today.

smitha48

Hi there,

Got the meter.............looks good :D
Have been trawling the web and you can get 100 test strips for £20.+ pennies (including the P&P...Ex VAT) from a uk on-line pharmacy. www.broschdirect.com.

Seems the best I've found so far.

Thanks for the original link

Tony :)

kjt57

Funky Mum said:
I've just ordered some things and postage was £4.99. Nothing else was added to the price and the usb cable was free.
For one box of strips, USB cable and test solution charged me £.2.25 post.......

kjt57

smitha48 said:
Hi there,

Have been trawling the web and you can get 100 test strips for £20.+ pennies (including the P&P...Ex VAT) from a uk on-line pharmacy. www.broschdirect.com.

Did you pay VAT ? as a diabetic it should be VAT free, can`t find anywhere on there site to get the VAT removed. Have emailed them.

smitha48

haven't placed an order yet......as i've got enough strips at the mo, and was going to contact them next week about the VAT................

Could you let me know what they say when they respond to you.

Cheers

Tony

smitha48

kjt57 said:
smitha48 said:
Hi there,

Have been trawling the web and you can get 100 test strips for £20.+ pennies (including the P&P...Ex VAT) from a uk on-line pharmacy. http://www.broschdirect.com.

Did you pay VAT ? as a diabetic it should be VAT free, can`t find anywhere on there site to get the VAT removed. Have emailed them.

Haven't ordered yet as i have plenty at the mo..............could you let me know there response to you ref the VAT.

Cheers :?:

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
If you look on line you'll see the strips at chemists are £19.99. They are £12.75 from Spirit - with £4.99 delivery charge - payable on a 30 day invoice. I got round this by ordering more than 1 box at a time and they usually arrive the next day.

Cheers
Ailz

smitha48

ailz said:
If you look on line you'll see the strips at chemists are £19.99. They are £12.75 from Spirit - with £4.99 delivery charge - payable on a 30 day invoice. I got round this by ordering more than 1 box at a time and they usually arrive the next day.

Cheers
Ailz

Even with the VAT Brosch direct is cheaper than Spirit, as the £20.00 includes P&P and is for 100 strips! :)

kjt57

ailz said:

Cheers
Ailz

Only charged me £2.50 postage :eek: :eek:

kjt57

Eentually got hold of Brosch Direct regarding VAT. You need to contact them and they will send you a vAT form to fill in. When this is returned you can order by phone VAT free.
The strips are 15.95 plus post for 100
:) :)

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

Just noticed that there two different types of the CareSense N monitors.

The one from Spirit Health Care has one test strip port whereas the one from Brosh Direct has two test strip ports. I would have thought that seen as they are both CareSense N's they would be the same. Apart from that they are otherwise identical.

Spirit Health Care are giving away the meters free of charge with 10 test strips plus 10 lancets.

Brosh Direct do charge £9.95 but it turns out to be cheaper because you get 100 test strips and 100 lancets with the meter. The test strips at Brosh are cheaper as well as someone already pointed out.